Window Recommendation

• JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

Any thoughts on windows for permanent deer stand. Having trouble deciding what to do and don’t wanna break the bank.

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

menards sells some reasonably priced single pane vinyl “garage” windows,sliders work good put them in my hunting shack i have a wood stove so they work good that way but if you have a vent free your gonna have a fog up issue.

3rdtryguy
    Participant
    Central Mn

I used the side by side sliders from Menards. Cheap and worked great. Be sure to get the ones that both sides slide for more shooting comfort. 1 side slides get pretty cramped. Very silent and if you are concerned about freezing rain add a couple extra weep holes and a few drops of scent free gun oil. Mine never froze. Be sure you get thermopanes.

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

I will have to check menards. Called the local Home Depot to see if they had any scratch/dent ones for cheap. Guy said they usually do, but not now and really don’t have any windows left at all.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

If you know any window installers or contractors sometimes they will have old samples of really good windows that are just small to show to customers. I had a couple but never used them and gave them away a while back or you could of had them.

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

You could check MN outlet center. They sell items (windows, doors, ect…) that was ordered and returned or there was a problem with them.

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

Looked there yesterday. Nothing.

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

All depends on heat source, I will say just spend the money and when your out there hunting you’ll be glad you did!! I hmm and hawed for while on spending the money and now I’m pissed I didn’t do it sooner!!

JEREMY
    Participant
    BP

There will be no heat. I very rarely even hunt there just wanted a place to take my little girls bowhunting a few times when its still nice out.

gregory
    Participant
    Red wing,mn

These are what I put in, about as cheap you can find besides free.

Attachments:
    1. BCF4C5C6-5EDC-47C9-81D8-7D47818C7AA2.png

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.