Wind rider ice suit.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Can’t find the post where someone bought one. Wanted to check back in before I order my kid one. Any one else buy one yet

Hookset
    Southern MN

Just got my set on Tuesday, buddy just spent 3x the money and he’s second guessing his purchase after seeing their product. Hopefully trying it out soon! Customer service is top notch, I ordered to large of a size after reading they run really small but emailed on Sunday and they replied on Monday that the order size was changed down a size and it was shipped. Sizing fits just like strikers do.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just got my set on Tuesday, buddy just spent 3x the money and he’s second guessing his purchase after seeing their product. Hopefully trying it out soon! Customer service is top notch, I ordered to large of a size after reading they run really small but emailed on Sunday and they replied on Monday that the order size was changed down a size and it was shipped. Sizing fits just like strikers do.

Thank you. I’m going to order today for my son.

Wndrdr

Glad to hear you like it!

Robert

WindRider

Hookset
    Southern MN

Glad to hear you like it!

Robert

WindRider

I love the bibs, having the three zippers for the legs this weekend were the game changer, it was way too warm for the coat but the bibs were fine with the shin to thigh open when moving to next location. The bibs never got wet, and I was kneeling in some slush to say the least.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Mine are supposed to be here today or tomorrow. Also added on some gloves. With the ice show discount jacket bibs and gloves was 307 shipped to me. Solid deal

CaptainMusky

Cool check back and let us know how your son likes them and what you think of them. I ended up getting my son a Striker Trekker suit because it was basically 50% from Franks and came with a free set of gloves. Its a christmas present so we havent unboxed or given to him yet. Its probably not going to be as warm as the windrider or my climate suit, but he fishes in a house most times so it shouldnt be an issue.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I checked these suits out a little when I was at the show this past weekend and they do seem to be a good quality option.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I checked these suits out a little when I was at the show this past weekend and they do seem to be a good quality option.

Mn local company. Immediate response when I asked a question. No Brainerd for me, for the kid. Wish I ordered a new one for me and the old man To. My climate bibs are falling apart. The jacket is brand new cause I never wear it. But the bibs are rough

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Suit showed up and it was very nice. Nice enough I ordered a set of bibs for my self to replace my beat to hell strikers that need to be retired

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

So when I received my package I noticed no gloves in the box. I emailed them and with in a hour I had a returned email saying they were so sorry and they will get them out first thing the next day.

Today I opened a box I received from them in the mail. He sent a apology letter, 2 different winter hats and a very nice summer time uv long sleeve. I was so surprised. It was completely unneeded. Mistakes happen. But the response from them was unreal how fast it was. And the gifts and letter were even nicer.
    And again my son loves the suit and the new bibs I ordered fit perfect.

Hookset
    Southern MN

So when I received my package I noticed no gloves in the box. I emailed them and with in a hour I had a returned email saying they were so sorry and they will get them out first thing the next day.

Today I opened a box I received from them in the mail. He sent a apology letter, 2 different winter hats and a very nice summer time uv long sleeve. I was so surprised. It was completely unneeded. Mistakes happen. But the response from them was unreal how fast it was. And the gifts and letter were even nicer.
    And again my son loves the suit and the new bibs I ordered fit perfect.

Customer service speaks more than thousands of adds!!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My buddy was looking for a new float jacket. I told him about the post for the wind River suit. Since he works for 3m and heard that they use 3m material in the suit he ordered a jacket. When it arrived he saw it was made in China. He hates anything made in china. He does not like anything not made in the USA, but will live with anything other than China. My guess is it was returned without even being looked over. I told him good luck finding anything made in the US. He may find something made some place other that China. I asked him what it was about made in China that bothers him so much. He said it was something his dad said to him one day about China one day owning the US. He says he thinks about this ever time he see’s a Made in China sticker. Just the way he feels.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That’s leads me to ask where are striker suits and ice Armour made ? This suit looks pretty identical to ice Armour. I guess I don’t care as long as it lasts

usmarine0352

Just checked them out.

Looks nice but you’d think any icefishing suit today would come with built-in ice picks?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just checked them out.

Looks nice but you’d think any icefishing suit today would come with built-in ice picks?

I wouldn’t want that, I use my jacket for to many other things. But I get what you mean

Ripjiggen

Good to hear on the customer service front. May have to give them a shot when I am need of new ones. I wouldn’t want ice picks on my jacket either. Most times I wouldn’t be wearing my jacket if walking out anyway.

CaptainMusky

Where exactly are the ice picks? I cant see them in any photos and it doesnt list them in the features from what I can find.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Where exactly are the ice picks? I cant see them in any photos and it doesnt list them in the features from what I can find.

There is no Ice Picks. Someone just said they thought that ice fishing jackets should have them.

CaptainMusky

Ag gotcha! Yeah, I wouldnt want them like attached to the jacket either, but included in a pocket would be fine.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

China

That’s leads me to ask where are striker suits and ice Armour made ? This suit looks pretty identical to ice Armour.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My guess is most of them are made in the same place. Just different stickers and a few design differences

usmarine0352

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>usmarine0352 wrote:</div>
    Just checked them out.

I wouldn’t want that, I use my jacket for to many other things. But I get what you mean

I think the ones that have ice picks holders built in allow you to remove the ice picks if you want.

Not sure though.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I just rather buy my own nice set of picks, or keep using the ones I made back in woods class in 10th grade 15 or 20 years ago

AK Guy

I just rather buy my own nice set of picks, or keep using the ones I made back in woods class in 10th grade 15 or 20 years ago

So are you saying you were in 10th grade for 5 years? Better than me. I only made it to 5th grade. I was too scared to into 6th because my dad was still there…

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

So are you saying you were in 10th grade for 5 years? Better than me. I only made it to 5th grade. I was too scared to into 6th because my dad was still there…

Lol, that made me laugh.
    My forest lake education can’t remember I I was in tenth grade 10 15 or 20 years ago. So I just went with all of the above

DT

How does the Wind Rider outfit Compare to the Arctic Sport Snosuit for Ruggedness ? My Snosuit from 2009 is still going strong but it does not have flotation .

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t know either of those suits. But I can tell you I wore the bibs to the tree stand this morning in -5 and they were warm the entire time I stood there. 2.5 hours and I had to bail to cold toes

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

For some reason I have held off on a nice ice suit and still wear old school Carharts. But may be time I should check these out.

usmarine0352

For some reason I have held off on a nice ice suit and still wear old school Carharts. But may be time I should check these out.

Spoke to a friend who fell through the ice this year and he said his Styker suit kept him afloat.

He said it was expensive but saved his life.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.