Fishing trip 11-25-06 (Results)

• walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

Went to KS for the weekend to fish for some walleye. Ended up having a great day on the water. Was on the lake by 7:00am and had the 1st striper in the boat by 7:10. We weren’t fishing 2 minutes when I got it. Bite was really good up until about 11:30am. By then, we had my livewell almost full. We had 8 walleye and 2 stripers at that time. 4 of them fish were 5-6 pounds each.

We were jumping from spot to spot most of the day. The 1st spot was the best cause we caught fish on it for about 3 hours. We caught 10 stripers and 12 walleye in the 1st 3 hours. We should have had a bunch more as we lost a few and missed some hits. We basically ripped slab spoons all day. I did throw some jigs but had no hits except when we were crappie fishing. Our biggest striper was 6# and walleye was 5.7#. We ended up cleaning 2 stripers, 1 BIG white bass, 10 walleye, and 6 nice crappie. We had a bunch of smaller stripers and short walleye we threw back. I hope to make it back down in a couple weeks with Fishhunter44 with me! Here are the rest of the pics.

Brian Robinson
    Participant
    central Neb

Awesome report and pics, my man!! I’ll hopefully be game for a trip next month…we’ll see what the schedule is, but I sure hope we can haul the YarCraft down there. I’ve never caught a striper, but I sure want to. Those are some BIG crappies, too. Nice.

Ben Garver
    Participant
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great report Greg!!! I’ve been hearing that things are getting hot south of here!!! I’ve been so busy with work that I haven’t been on the water for a couple weeks. I’d sure like to make a couple trips down to Milford.

Todd_NE
    Participant

Great report and trip. Kansas has some beautiful spots! Any waterfowl around?

walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

Ton of geese on Wilson right now. They were flying pretty much all day. Also seen quite a few ducks with most being greenheads. We heard quite a bit of shooting going on at the west end of the lake. Seen a ton headed south on our way home yesterday too. The PUSH is on!

Todd_NE
    Participant

Thanks for the report. I and my buddies feel like Linus this year. Wherever we are, they aren’t!

Any time you need a partner or want to hit the water up this way, give me a buzz.

walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

I will be making a trip up that way sometime to visit my brother. I would like to hit the river for walleye and smallies.

zachary fries
    Participant
    Central Nebraska

When are you going back down to Wilson??

walleye4
    Participant
    On the Water

Not sure if I will get back down that way now til spring. Have to see what the weather does and if the bite stays good, might have to head back down that way before the end of the year! Fishing was pretty tough this past weekend from the reports I got.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.