Willowcats and leeches have arrived!

• 4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Everts resort received their first batch of Willowcat today. About 40 dozen, 3 to 4 inch size.

4 seasons sports received 10# of large leeches and 2 gallons of walleye mix (chubs, rainbows, etc).

Hope to see you soon, Chris Winchester

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Yes, but are the ramps open? coffee

riverruns
    Inactive

Must be too high to even respond

I am assuming you are correct.

Do any of you remember the good old days of gathering your own bait from the river and not being held hostage by the regulations?

riverruns
    Inactive

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title” abp=”299″>Mike Martine wrote:</div>
    <p abp=”301″>Must be too high to even respond

<p abp=”302″>I am assuming you are correct.

<p abp=”303″>Do any of you remember the good old days of gathering your own bait from the river and not being held hostage by the regulations?

This was put in effect back when VHS was worrying everyone. Let us trap or net our own bait and use it on the same body of water we got it from. When we leave the water we harvested our bait off of, we cannot leave with it.

I’m sure anyone selling bait would not support this.
    Shawn

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Sorry for the slow response guys. Willowcats are $24 dozen. Size is real nice, 3 to 4 inch. I agree that I wish they were half that price but with the hoops these trappers and bait wholesalers jump through these days I am just happy to be able to get them.

riverruns
    Inactive

$24 seems like a deal? Are you trying to lobby that we should be able to harvest our own bait on the river, and use it on the river or are you happy with the $24 a dozen? People need to complain about this again and start the chatter again. Why can I go and get a panfish and use it live on the Mississippi river and not use a minnow or madtom?

If we were able to harvest our own you would have a much smaller market to sell too. Correct?
    Shawn

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Participant
    Prescott

f we were able to harvest our own you would have a much smaller market to sell too. Correct?

That would be true if bait shops were able to keep up with demand. Their supplies are crap because of the hoops they jump through.

My comments are NOT specific to everts.

When do you get your first shipment of shad?
    Lol

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

$24 seems like a deal? Are you trying to lobby that we should be able to harvest our own bait on the river, and use it on the river or are you happy with the $24 a dozen?

Everts and 4 Seasons go through a lot to get these baits. They believe it is worth the hassle to find them and to ultimately satisfy the picky fishermen that we are. They did not make the rules, they just follow them. Is the price high? yes, but it is all based on what they pay for them. There is a very small percentage of people who use bait like Willowcats and Mud Minnows, and those people are willing to pay. I would assume most Willowcats will be sold to guys fishing MTT or LPO the next two weeks, hoping they will still have them. Thanks Everts and 4 Seasons for having a large selection of baits!

4seasonsport
    Inactive
    Red Wing, MN

Thank you merican eagle! You hit the nail on the head.

riverfishin11
    Participant

Thank you merican eagle! You hit the nail on the head.

Ill pay the price yall got great workers to need to get up there more then I do if you still have some willows or creek chubs id be interested

slab-hunter
    Participant
    Red Wing, MN

Ill pay the price yall got great workers to need to get up there more then I do if you still have some willows or creek chubs id be interested

Huh?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.