Wild Kingdom experience

• buck-slayer

Sitting in my garage at cabin. All of a sudden this leopard frog comes jumping around my truck coming right at me with a chipmunk in hot pursuit. The frog jumps into garage so Im kicking at it to keep it out. Mean while chippy is waiting just outside and as I kick the frog out it takes one leap and chippy is on it. He engulfs its head in its mouth and runs away with frogs legs kicking like crazy. Sorry if this is boring to some but with few calls off the fish whistle before this happened it was pretty exciting and I never knew chipmunks were meat eaters.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I’d say it makes you a accessory to a homicide. jester

TH

My wife and I watched a blue heron land and chase down a chipmunk and eat it. I didn’t know blue herons eat chipmunks either.

Deuces

Well women’s MN volleyball did beat TCU last week so might want to start taking those to the bank….

duh queen

Chipmunks: the epitome of all that ails us. We’ve been waging war on those little suckers for nearly 40 years now. And it’s still a draw.

robby
    Quad Cities

Love this!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Had a Great Dane that would catch bunnies. She would have them hanging out her mouth, bunnies legs kicking, I would walk up to the dog and reach for the bunny and as I did she would throw it down her yap in a single gulp still kicking.

Gitchi Gummi

Glad I’m not the only one who uses the term fish whistle. Love it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

There was a chipmunk living under my deck about a month ago. My dog chased it and it went up a down spout. It couldn’t climb vertically up the down spout though so I grabbed the end of the down spout, whipped it on the lawn, the chipmunk came flying out, and Cosmo caught it. The dumb thing basically tried to escape past a dead end. That was the end of chippy at my house.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.