WI Permits

• Hoyt4
    NULL

WI permits are due this weekend Dec. 10th

Brittman

So can a nonresident EVER get drawn for A or B season?

We do fine later – so on a whim … my son’s application is for B only … he has 5 preference points after the 2023 drawing.

I am applying for C and in my zone I am now at 3 points in 2023.

Hoyt4
    NULL

The only way i’ve seen a non-resident get a tag in the first week or two are when they apply with a WI resident because they get first of the tags.

I also have friends that get C tags but takes them sometime. I will purchase left over C tags every year. The left over tags will be going on sale in March.

RVRDUX
    Dakota, MN

NO, you earliest season you can get is C. I own land in WI. and when I moved to MN I couldn’t figure out why I kept getting drawn for C when I used to always get A because of landowner preference. Then I found somewhere how the drawing preference is done. Not sure where I found that info though I cant remember. I sucks because even though I own land it doesnt matter.

Thanks,
    RVRDUX

Brittman

Plenty of late-season tags in WI. A couple of zones always have C leftover… most tags available are D, E, and F though were I have land to hunt.

I am always online on those 1st sale days hoping the random generator gives me a good spin.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Yes sir always many left I always pick up a C tag. My big hunt with buddies has been season E for the last 20 years.

I know WI and MN have a study being done soon on decline of turkey’s. I think Ohio started there study already this winter.

Our WI spot sure dropped , have 4 farms to hunt and last spring only one was holding birds. Even the farmers where not seeing them planting. One of our land owners sits on the deck during our hunt to always try and scout for us. He loves it and gives him something to do as he says. All last spring never saw a bird like he would.

Brittman

Looking at the WI success rate across all zones they are all below 20% now on a full spring season basis.

In 2020 and 2021 even “A” season was only 25% kill rate or so and then dropped towards 10% by season “F”.

I know there are a lot of “extra’ licenses sold for the last three time periods which may lower the apparent success rate based on total licenses sold (WI even states the data is not corrected for non-participation) … but wouldn’t that be consistent over time ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.