WI backtags

• Pete S
    Participant

buh-bye….according to one news source. Anyone else able to confirm this? I’m really gonna miss this thing getting stuck in my safety harness

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Good news. Welcome to the 21st century.

icenutz
    Participant
    Aniwa, WI

I think we will still have them, you will just print them out on regular paper was my understanding, but I may be wrong. I know you will have to print the tag that goes on the deer, but you will not have to put it on the animal until it is out of the woods.

Mike Klein
    Participant
    Hastings, MN

Regular paper great idea? Another stupid idea. So when you get checked it is bloody or wet and unreadable. peace

Pete S
    Participant

I think we will still have them, you will just print them out on regular paper was my understanding, but I may be wrong. I know you will have to print the tag that goes on the deer, but you will not have to put it on the animal until it is out of the woods.

I have not heard anything about that. What are they going to do with hunters who don’t own printers? I have a hard time believing the printing will be left to the hunters.

poomunk
    Participant
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Last update I heard is it has been presented to the governor for signing.

I do find some of the banter on other sites about how this will increase poaching outright amusing. Really, a backtags was what stopped someone from otherwise breaking the law, come on man, people who are going to cheat the system aren’t letting a backtag (or carcass tag or mandatory regiatration whether online or in person) stop them.

Glad to see them gone, stupid things were a noisy pain in the rear.

muskeye
    Participant
    Duluth, Mn

Glad they’re gone. Wasn’t a big fan punching holes in the back of coats or vests.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.