Whos going up for opener?

• tominblaine

we usually come up during the week just after opener and was wondering how things are looking, we stay at Eagles Nest Lodge.

Tom

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Not sure where we’re starting yet but it will be a lake in that area. If we end up on Winnie I will report back.
    I’m working at ENL this summer so will be fishing the lake a LOT

IceWack

I’ll be hitting up Kab on the 15th, staying south for opener weekend.

tominblaine

Thanks all, last year we decided that if it’s a hard bite we will probably be making some day trips to other lakes.

Tom

Charlie W

Fishing report update: walleyes are spotty with no real pattern it seems. Everyone is catching fish everywhere. I have been out twice and can second the information from everyone I have talked to. Shiners, fatheads, and even leeches have been producing. Lots of slot fish with very few eaters. Water temp tonight was 51.
    I also fished around local lakes on opening weekend and can say the same the thing as above regarding them.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

We will be coming up to Eagles Nest Lodge for Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully the fishing is more consistent by then. Please provide a few more fishing reports if you continue to get out! Thanks!

Charlie W

Saw the wind come up around 6pm from flat calm all day and knew the fish would be going a little better. I went out again tonight for a little less than 2 hours. Water temp was about a degree warmer. Fish were much more cooperative with 7 boated and a couple lost. Caught fish jigging and cranking.
    Heading out again in the morning for a couple hours and will report back if anything changes.

tominblaine

awesome reports, was out the last couple of days and the results exactly the same, the folks here at ENL are awesome as usual, good luck, we’re going to keep hitting it thru saturday.

Tom

Charlie W

Tom, which cabin are you in? I’m sure I talked to you without even knowing it.

tominblaine

Hi Charlie I’m in cabin 1, I’m the guy with the blue Crestliner Super Hawk in slip 4, spotty today as well got a little action on the west end but all slot fish this morning

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

Does anybody know if shiners are available in the area? Coming up Friday and need to know if I should find some on the way up.

CBMN
    North Metro

Seems to vary by the minute. I was up for opener weekend and couldn’t get them some days and did get them other days, just really luck of when I hit the bait shop and calling around to a few locations.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.