Whole Alligator at Hy-Vee

• bigcrappie
    Blaine

Freeked me out kinda, but $10.99lb is not bad LOL

Attachments:
    1. images.jpg

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Looks interesting. How are you going to cook it, what Hy-Vee, and do they have more? I have had and enjoyed alligator. It would be fun to try to make one.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve had alligator at the State Fair. Bayou Bob’s sells it which is right next to the Corn Roast. I’d get it again too.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Alligator is delicious

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Huh. I’d be interested enough in trying it. I’ve had gator in FL.

TH

Whole Smoked Gator on the Green Mountain Grill Pellet Smoker

I’d give this recipe a try. How couldn’t it be great wrapped in bacon and smoked?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

St Peter store and the guy said this the 7th one in the last month, they sold 6 already. Some just bought the head some just the tail, all over the place.

Looks interesting. How are you going to cook it, what Hy-Vee, and do they have more? I have had and enjoyed alligator. It would be fun to try to make one.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Very very clean and good white meet.

AnotherFisherman

For those who have had it, how would you describe the taste? Like chicken? jester

Deuces

Well I guess that alligator won’t be seeing me later

mann4ducks

We were invited but missed a gator cook out on the 2cd. Cooked like the pic. Guy stated all good to eat and kids kept busy with the head later. They had it on a big rotisserie wish we could have made it. I guess got off of Amazon

Iowaboy1

So, I have fished for crab in the bayous of Louisiana near Lake Charles and caught gator there up to six feet in length.
    Spent 3 three weeks in those bayous and I gotta ask, how in thee hell does something that comes from waters that smell worse than small town sewage plants be any good??
    Sure, the meat is white as snow, but to me thinking about where gator comes from I just as well make tea out of my AC filter, I think the same way about hogs after raising those infernal things half of my life.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

So, I have fished for crab in the bayous of Louisiana near Lake Charles and caught gator there up to six feet in length.
    Spent 3 three weeks in those bayous and I gotta ask, how in thee hell does something that comes from waters that smell worse than small town sewage plants be any good??
    Sure, the meat is white as snow, but to me thinking about where gator comes from I just as well make tea out of my AC filter, I think the same way about hogs after raising those infernal things half of my life.

Someone call the waaaambulance whistling

MX1825

For those who have had it, how would you describe the taste? Like chicken? jester

I always wondered, if these oddball animals taste like chicken—why not just cook/eat chicken? :whistling:

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Had it once….would try it again. I think mine was a bit over done. Grilled it was a bit tough and a little gamie. Not bad but I’m also not rushing out to buy one from hyvee.

To iowaboys comment….I think they may farm raise some of them.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I’ve had it once, might have been at the fair or some bar. Didn’t care for it. It was like fishy chicken and not in a good way. Kind of like some wild meat is gamy, only this leaned more towards not so fresh fish. It wasn’t overwhelming but enough to make it not on my list of repeat meals.

YMMV.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.