Who was in line at 12:01 this morning to get in to Canada With your shot record

• bigcrappie
    Participant
    Blaine

Thinking a year with out pressure the fish should be jumping in the boat.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I have a few questions for anyone who’s jumped through all the hoops to get into Canada.
    1. How long prior to your trip date can you download and register for the arrivecan App.?
    2. How long before your trip can you start the trip process on the App.?
    3. If you get a negative covid test within 72Hrs of your border entry is any additional covid test needed after entering canada or when returning to the US.?

I’ve tried several searches and watch a few different youtube video’s and still am unsure on the whole process.

Tommy
    Participant

Haven’t done it yet, but the answers are:
    1. Can download anytime. Can’t do anything until 72 hrs prior.
    2. 72 hrs prior
    3. No, but they are doing random rapid tests, so you could get selected to be tested. So it’s a possibility just like getting your boat checked.

tim hurley
    Participant

Would not be on this dang site if I were up in beautiful dang Canada.

supercat
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

2. 72 hrs prior
    3. No, but they are doing random rapid tests, so you could get selected to be tested. So it’s a possibility just like getting your boat checked.

You can actually fill it all out just pick any times that are available fill out the entire app then just use save and close not submit. Had mine filled out weeks ago. Crossing Thursday

Tommy
    Participant

Oh I suppose that would work too. Figured it doesn’t take long so long as I have all the docs so I didn’t bother to try.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

2. 72 hrs prior

Someplace I was reading made it sound like the Trip on the App. needed to be completed PRIOR to within 72 Hrs from your border entry date.

Are you saying you have to wait till within 72 Hr.to complete it.

Really crappy Info. on this whole process. I don’t mind jumping through hoops but need to know what hoops I need to jump through.

Tommy
    Participant

Yeah if you try to pick a day further than 3 days from now, it’ll auto roll the date back to the max date you can pick.

So if you wanted to go through all the steps, you can do what supercat mentioned and just pick one in the window and proceed. Just can’t submit it.

Nothing they’re asking for will be a shock though, so I’m just waiting for the 72 hour period. I already have all docs, minus the negative test, ready to go.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Yeah if you try to pick a day further than 3 days from now, it’ll auto roll the date back to the max date you can pick.

So if you wanted to go through all the steps, you can do what supercat mentioned and just pick one in the window and proceed. Just can’t submit it.

Nothing they’re asking for will be a shock though, so I’m just waiting for the 72 hour period. I already have all docs, minus the negative test, ready to go.

So it sounds like if it won’t let you submit the info. until you are able to pick the correct date ( Within 72 Hrs of entry ) then you might as well wait to process the app.
    If you process it early and just pick one of the dates available – Do you then need to go back in and update your dates once you are within the 3 day window?

Tommy
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tommy wrote:</div>

So it sounds like if it won’t let you submit the info. until you are able to pick the correct date ( Within 72 Hrs of entry ) then you might as well wait to process the app.
    If you process it early and just pick one of the dates available – Do you then need to go back in and update your dates once you are within the 3 day window?

Yep exactly. Which is why I’m not bothering. It’s pretty easy to go step by step through an app in a couple minutes.

I’m crossing on the 28th. Have my test scheduled for late in the day on the 25th to ensure I get results in time and still within the 72 hr period as I plan on being there about noon. So once the negative result comes in I’ll fill it all out and submit.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

Yep exactly. Which is why I’m not bothering. It’s pretty easy to go step by step through an app in a couple minutes.

I’m crossing on the 28th. Have my test scheduled for late in the day on the 25th to ensure I get results in time and still within the 72 hr period as I plan on being there about noon. So once the negative result comes in I’ll fill it all out and submit.
    [/quote]

I was just worried because one thing I read made it sound like the Arrivecan app. had to be completed and submitted PRIOR to 72 Hrs before you traveled into Canada. Not WITHIN 72 Hrs.

shefland
    Participant
    Walker

here in Walker mn. Sanford Health Care will not guarantee test results in less then 72 hours, that could screw me up

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.