Who else trail rides?

• suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Seems like Merican Eagle and I are the only sport riders on the site but that cant be true.
    Considering the sheer numbers of riders I see around my cabin every weekend there must be some riders on IDO.
    Where do you ride? What do you ride? As avid lifetime sledders both my wife and I like the fact we are in the same vehicle more than I thought we would. We have had quads for a long time and just this year got our first SXS.

PS-cant forget crossin eyes. He’s a wheeler man too.

John Rasmussen
    Participant
    Blaine

Sold my last sled about 5 years ago and honestly have not really missed it as much as I thought I would, just never know if there was going to be enough snow. I do not own a 4 wheeler yet so nothing to ride currently. Always enjoyed riding trails though. Bearcat rides for sure.

haleysgold
    Participant
    SE MN

I do but SE MN is like the barren land for public trails.
    I’ve got a Honda Pioneer 1000-5 that I ride everywhere around home but it’s mostly gravel/blacktop roads. Hardly trail riding but that’s about it locally.
    I have some trails through my woods and know a few private properties that we ride.

I love it, just wish we had the trails that Northern MN and Wi have to ride!

to_setter
    Participant
    Stone Lake, WI

My wife and I ride quite a bit. We live on Sand Lake just south of Hayward, so snowmobile season we drive right out the garage door to hit the trails. I would say we average at least twice a week on sleds as long as there is snow. When the snow get’s thin here, we trailer up to Bayfield county for the day usually. We’ve got other friends with Cabin’s on the lake, so we have quite a few group rides throughout the winter. You could say we are a bit over the top about sledding. We’ve got 5 sleds and only 2 riders in the house…… For summer riding we’ve always had a four wheeler or two around and have done that quite a bit too, but just finally bought a side x side this spring and have been using it on weekends when the weather isn’t conducive to having a lake day. I wasn’t too sure if the side x side was going to work for us, thinking my wife would prefer to drive her own machine, but it’s been working great. She doesn’t mind riding at all and really doesn’t even stress that bad when I decided to give the S x S a stress test. She know’s when to grab for the “Oh sh*t” handle….. We also have an old Sportsman 800 in the garage for friends to ride when they come up. We’re really looking forward to getting out in the S x S more this fall!

crossin_eyes
    Participant
    Lakeville, MN

Yup, the SxS has been a game changer for us as well.
    My wife likes to ride her own sled, but has always rode with me on a wheeler. Having the SxS is awesome. Up to 950 miles this summer and it’s only mid-august! Can’t wait for cooler weather and the leaves to start turning.
    Perhaps a quick trailer trip up to Bayfield?

to_setter
    Participant
    Stone Lake, WI

The last two weekends up here have been cold and cloudy, so we spent both riding around the Clam Lake area hoping to see some elk, but no luck………so far!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Honda Rancher 400 quad. Mostly the Red Top trail out of Isle. (Mille Lacs)

-J.

mwal
    Participant
    Rosemount,MN

We have 3 ATV and a SXS We ride Bayfield Sawyer and Douglas Cty In WI. Atv are used for hunting in MN also.

MWal

to_setter
    Participant
    Stone Lake, WI

Yup, the SxS has been a game changer for us as well.
    My wife likes to ride her own sled, but has always rode with me on a wheeler. Having the SxS is awesome. Up to 950 miles this summer and it’s only mid-august! Can’t wait for cooler weather and the leaves to start turning.
    Perhaps a quick trailer trip up to Bayfield?

Don’t forget to hit the Plywood Palace in Moquah!

to_setter
    Participant
    Stone Lake, WI

Here she is!

Attachments:
    1. attachment-plywood-palace-Drink-Wisconsinbly-feat.jpg

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I would stay at Pub n Grub and visit that place. With my engine running pointed towards the trail……:) I’ve got about 1100 miles this summer. Not sick of it yet.

supercat
    Participant
    Eau Claire, WI

Snowmobile yes utv no did the atv thing in my 20’s. Tried the utv and there are amazingly smooth on bumpy trails but not my cup of tee. To much dust and the cab of those machines are too warm. Also the trail system is not near that as the snowmobile system.

onestout
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

We ride as much as time allows which isn’t much. I have been riding northern WI since the late 80’s with atv. The wife isn’t in to the cold and snowmobiling so I only do that a couple times a year but we have SxS for the family and go on several rides a year. I am hoping to go out to the black hills in spring for a week riding next year with the family.

dbright
    Participant
    Cambridge

I sold my last sled last winter and my last atv 3 years ago. We do put alot of miles on my pioneer though.

Randy Wieland
    Participant
    Lebanon. WI

I do very little of the local trails in WI. Usually vacation to Wyoming and Colorado and hit the trails and forestry roads out there. Many days of seeing no one.
    Yamaha 700, attic cat 500

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

I live to ride from April to October every year. The rest is waterfowl and ice fishing. I mainly ride MN but really like the sand dunes in OK.

In MN, it’s mostly the Remer/outing area but also like the new prospector system on the iron range. Nemadji is excellent if you live in the cities and want somewhere fun for the day.

I used to ride a bunch in Wisconsin from BRF, Hurley, Danbury and Hayward areas. We haven’t been in WI this year and most likely won’t be back much with their new OEM seat rule in WI.

We usually put on a couple thousand miles a year. Currently have a 20 Can-Am X3 and love it. Best riding SXS ever made IMO

Attachments:
    1. 6E121BE2-63A5-4DB5-817D-105DBE078C27.jpeg

2. 5B3E7B71-3F62-4DD4-8939-D6A7838B1913.jpeg

3. 35C5BF17-9FB0-429E-A225-9187AAAB2AFB.jpeg

Jason
    Participant

I mostly ride snowmobile because that’s when I can get away from work the most and usually put on approx 2-3k miles a year. I also have a CanAm Outlander and an Defender HD10 but they haven’t left the yard since winter. I’m always looking for new people to ride with though.

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I mostly ride snowmobile because that’s when I can get away from work the most and usually put on approx 2-3k miles a year. I also have a CanAm Outlander and an Defender HD10 but they haven’t left the yard since winter. I’m always looking for new people to ride with though.

Dude, you have two Canam’s that haven’t been ridden this season!?
    Come one. lol What size is your Outlander?

Coletrain27
    Participant

We ride northern mn and northern wi a few times a year at least. We ride a decent amount around home also on the roads. Ely prospector trails and the trails around park falls wi are my favorite. Heading up Labor Day weekend again

Attachments:
    1. 6FBE6A3D-5682-4406-893D-E2D1F952E9DF-scaled.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Participant
    Farmington, Outing

I live to ride from April to October every year. The rest is waterfowl and ice fishing. I mainly ride MN but really like the sand dunes in OK.

In MN, it’s mostly the Remer/outing area but also like the new prospector system on the iron range. Nemadji is excellent if you live in the cities and want somewhere fun for the day.

I used to ride a bunch in Wisconsin from BRF, Hurley, Danbury and Hayward areas. We haven’t been in WI this year and most likely won’t be back much with their new OEM seat rule in WI.

We usually put on a couple thousand miles a year. Currently have a 20 Can-Am X3 and love it. Best riding SXS ever made IMO

You ever break an axle with one a those things?

Coletrain27
    Participant

Not sure if there is anyone from SE mn on here that rides but there is a benefit ride for my uncle if anyone is interested

Attachments:
    1. 42409AC7-D519-4E87-9048-ED29AA0D49F2.jpeg

404 ERROR
    Participant
    MN

You ever break an axle with one a those things?

Once or six times. It’s all fun and games until you twist a driveshaft. Then you’re in trouble.

Attachments:
    1. EC2A11BB-02DD-4E6B-9335-F55501239059.jpg

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Not sure if there is anyone from SE mn on here that rides but there is a benefit ride for my uncle if anyone is interested

That looks like a good time. I didnt know there was much riding down there.
    If I could make something like that I would.

Ellenson
    Participant

Black Hills was awesome for us.

Attachments:
    1. 1B0B4C12-9432-4F4F-82F6-A98AEAB11588.jpeg

2. B6A62208-B672-4BED-A423-CB0BC4232379-scaled.jpeg

Coletrain27
    Participant

you would be suprised how many side by sides there is riding around on the weekends in surrounding towns of rochester

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

you would be suprised how many side by sides there is riding around on the weekends in surrounding towns of rochester

Is it all on back roads or are there some off road trails? I have sledded down there a few times but doubt they use most of those private land trails.
    In NW Wis there is a pretty good off road network. Some trails dedicated to ATV/UTV and some fire and gravel roads shared with everyone. Also most of the paved back roads and lettered highways that connect them, so you can drive about anywhere. There are exceptions but we can get about anyplace indirectly. Its a nice option when you don’t want to eat dust or get muddy.

Coletrain27
    Participant

Is it all on back roads or are there some off road trails? I have sledded down there a few times but doubt they use most of those private land trails.
    In NW Wis there is a pretty good off road network. Some trails dedicated to ATV/UTV and some fire and gravel roads shared with everyone. Also most of the paved back roads and lettered highways that connect them, so you drive about anywhere. There are exceptions but we can get about anyplace indirectly. Its a nice option when you dont want to eat dust or get muddy.

there are a few small trails systems around here in kellogg and chatfield area but they are nothing like riding up north. we ride 75-150 miles a day easily up north and some days dont even see another machine on the trails. county and township roads around rochester we can ride on and alot of the small towns allow them now as well since its supporting the bussinesses. we have road alot in WI. the only place ill never go back to is black river falls. WAY too many idiots around there. further away from the big cities the better the trails seem to be

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

I can tell you there are still idiots up north. Just last weekend I met one on the trail that thought he had a time machine and was riding centuries ago when there was no chance of meeting another human on a blind corner. Those are the guys that are dangerous both quading and sledding.

Coletrain27
    Participant

yea i dont care for that stuff when having small kids along. it was like that non stop at black river falls the one time i was there.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.