Whitefish Chain Report

• Kyle Wills

Up on the chain for family vacation. Wondering if anyone is having luck with walleyes?

Also wondering if anyone has trolled deep basin for suspended walleyes or pike? Any tips on doing that? Any specific lakes? Parts of lakes? Depths to focus on?

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

3 weeks ago I was catching them pulling leadcore just off the edge of structure in 25 to 30ft of water. Wasn’t great but we had league out there so that was my backup plan if nothing else worked.

Kyle Wills

3 weeks ago I was catching them pulling leadcore just off the edge of structure in 25 to 30ft of water. Wasn’t great but we had league out there so that was my backup plan if nothing else worked.

Any colors that were working better than avg?

Deepest weeds you can find, preferably cabbage. Leeches and minnows. You’ll catch a lot of fish that aren’t walleyes, but you’ll get more walleyes than you’d think.

Kyle Wills

Deepest weeds you can find, preferably cabbage. Leeches and minnows. You’ll catch a lot of fish that aren’t walleyes, but you’ll get more <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>walleyes than you’d think.

Lindy rigging? Spinners/bottom bouncers?

Jigging and slip bobbers, actually. Couldn’t get them to eat anything flashy. Black/brown (darker color) jigheads seemed to do the best.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.