Where are the Crestliner Owners?

• slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

have a 12′ blue/green teal colored crestliner up north at in laws cabin.

it catches fish. great back troller

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

My 1850 Pro Tiller…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0251-1.jpg

2. IMG_0250-1.jpg

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

Do you like the vinyl flooring? I’ve been strongly considering it. How is it when its wet? Does it get slippery? My concern was that I would regret it when I have the wife and kids out and we are swimming and tubing.

I have vinyl flooring in my Commander and I like it better than carpet mainly because it is so easy to clean and hooks don’t get caught in it. I have not noticed any slipperiness when it is wet or even after trying to unhook an angry pike.
    I would assume on a sunny day, the floor could get hot for bare feet. Since I don’t remove my shoes when fishing I can’t say for sure.

Attachments:
    1. DSC02190.jpg

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

2001 1750 Fishawk. 90 horse Merc ELPTO. Been a really good boat since I bought it new.

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

2012 1600 fishhawk. I really have no complaints. It’s been a great boat. I’ll definitely buy another just gonna be bigger next time.

hottoddytipup
    Crystal

99 Sport Fish 1750, great boat. Sides are a little high tends to blow around a bit. XI5 takes care of that though. Like MJ above would go bigger fish hawk or raptor next.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

I like the vinyl flooring. My carpet was worn through al;most. Wanted to try something different. It’s like side-imaging– kinda a cool, but not a must. Not slippery. Works fine for tubing as long as I don’t leave any crankbaits on the floor.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

I like the vinyl flooring. My carpet was worn through al;most. Wanted to try something different. It’s like side-imaging– kinda a cool, but not a must. Not slippery. Works fine for tubing as long as I don’t leave any crankbaits on the floor.

Remm Outdoors

We are using a 95′ 1950 Sportfish W/ 4.3GL I/O for testing. With the beaver tail on we can troll down to 1 MPH on the engine. 4.3GL sips fuel too and you have to love that when you are testing products all day on the water.

Attachments:
    1. 20160805_162039.jpg

2. 20160501_151634.jpg

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Pic from twin years ago

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0828.jpg

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

The first pic is of my old 02′ 1850. A good friend of mine’s dad bought it from me, and now my friend owns it.

The second pic is of the 07′ 1800 Mirage I bought a year ago (same hull as 1850 Sportfish). The Mirage model doesn’t come with the front boat seats or the rear bench seat, but luckily I had found a set at a junkyard a few months before buying the boat just in case I found a Sportfish that didn’t come with them (a number of Sportfish didn’t have the tall rear bench). After a little customizing of the front seats I got them mounted and mounted the rear seat and everything works great. When I bought the seats from the junkyard I also picked up a front live well from the Sportfish since the Mirage doesn’t have one in the bow. Hopefully I get around to mounting that this next fall.

Attachments:
    1. 1247849950_IMG_6481.jpg

2. IMG_5142.jpg

chirp
    Rochester

I have an 2010 1800 Superhawk with a 150 Etec. Love the boat. Would like if it had more storage. Have the Captains seats and the fold over rear deck. Plenty of fishing room. Top speed of 52mph. Plenty fast for me. Good in big water. Had it out on Lake Superior in 3-4 foot rollers and a small craft advisory no issues.

Attachments:
    1. 017.jpg

2. 018.jpg

Jamie Van Beek

I love my old 2001 1850 crestliner. Old girl but no complaints. Just took it out of storage yesterday.

Tanner C.

2010 1750 fishhawk SC for me, love the boat.

115 merc EFI and an 80# terrova.

Attachments:
    1. E0B8150E-.jpg

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>slab-hunter wrote:</div>
    Hi,
    I’m a happy owner of a 2016 Crestliner 1850 Pro Tiller with a 90 HP Merc 4 stroke, just bought it last year at the boat show. (that’s why FW won’t let me go again this year…)
    The boat is great, quite a step up from my old ’90 Forester.
    It has everything a guys needs, tons of storage, lots of room, very smooth ride (and no, it’s not a wet ride like a lot of people say. That’s a boat handling and operating issue).
    For an aluminum boat, I think it’s at the top of the list.

I fish pool 4 exclusively. Can’t wait to get back out on the water….
    Don

Don we have the same boat and I also bought mine at the boat show last year! I also am very happy with it. It is awesome on big water and the ‘fishability’ of this rig is great! Enjoy! RR

Same boat for me too. 2015 Model.. Love it

marvins
    Kansas

1999 1750 fish hawk 75hp tiller that I bought new. vantage on the back with wave wackers and a new Ulterra on the bow.

Jeff Allred

I just picked up a new 1750 Fish Hawk with a Merc 115 Command Thrust. It came with a 15 pitch prop. I had it switched out for a 13 yesterday after having it on the water last weekend. It was sluggish and we may have hit 15mph tops. 4 adults and 2 kids, about 850lbs with gear.

The speedometer was not reading so they fixed that – apparently there was a pinched tube/wire somewhere. I’ll know more tomorrow as we will take it out again and run it (with one less adult that can’t make it)

What are your experiences with the 115 motor? Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I thought this boat would boogie around 30-35mph and be able to tow a tuber.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0098.jpg

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Check your speed on gps. Boat speedo are notoriously inaccurate.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

98 180 sport fish
    love mine now that I have it tricked out with electronics
    the way I want it

Jeff Allred

Check your speed on gps. Boat speedo are notoriously inaccurate.

I don’t have a way to check my speed on gps. Inaccuracy is one thing but a completely inop speedometer is another.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

@soaringusaeagle

A new thread might get you some more answers.

Assuming you have knowledge of boats with the one in background and the fact you’ve changed props etc, and that the motor is fully operational as new ones typically are, I’d check that when they installed the throttle control cables that they are fully opening the motor.

4 adults and 2 kids is alot of weight but I’d still think once on plane you’d get more than that.

Ryan P
    Farmington

I just picked up a new 1750 Fish Hawk with a Merc 115 Command Thrust. It came with a 15 pitch prop. I had it switched out for a 13 yesterday after having it on the water last weekend. It was sluggish and we may have hit 15mph tops. 4 adults and 2 kids, about 850lbs with gear.

The speedometer was not reading so they fixed that – apparently there was a pinched tube/wire somewhere. I’ll know more tomorrow as we will take it out again and run it (with one less adult that can’t make it)

What are your experiences with the 115 motor? Am I missing something or doing something wrong? I thought this boat would boogie around 30-35mph and be able to tow a tuber.

I’m guessing 13p is way too low…what were you trying to accomplish by switching to that. My 75 hp hit max rpm at 3/4 throttle with a 15p so I went to a 17p 4 blade. What are you trying to do?

Jeff Allred

I wanted a fishing boat and my wife wanted a tube/ski capability. Our 1973 Chrysler Charger is just not a fishing boat. It gets up and scoots and has been fun to cruise in but not to fish.

The service guy at the dealer recommended going from a 15 to 13 pitch to help the hole shot and reduce the time to takes to get on plane. So now I may hit the rev limit quicker which isn’t probably a good thing either. Should I have went to a 17 instead?

I want to be able to carry 4 adults and still be able to tube/ski.

We will see what happens in the water today and go from there. I just hope today’s experience is better than last weekend’s.

Jeff Allred

I’m guessing 13p is way too low…what were you trying to accomplish by switching to that. My 75 hp hit max rpm at 3/4 throttle with a 15p so I went to a 17p 4 blade. What are you trying to do?

The service dept at the dealership recommended going to a 13 from a 15. I want more power and speed. There is no way I could pull someone on a tube behind this boat with the lack of performance last weekend. We are heading out shortly to test the new prop. I understand I run the risk of hitting the rev limiter quicker now. We will test the boat with a lighter load, even if it means just me in the damn thing to see what it does.

I obviously bought this Fish and ski boat to do just that. My wife wants to tune/ski and I like to fish. Thought this would be the best of both worlds… She’s not too happy about the whole thing at the moment.

Ryan P
    Farmington

Do you have a tach? The goal is to get wide open throttle to match with your motors max rpm. If the 15p did this I’d try a 4 blade to improve hole shot. I went to a 4 blade to improve hole shot and slow speed trolling. If you hit max rpm before throttle is maxed you want to go up in pitch.

Assuming the motor runs good I’d think it would meet your goals. My 75 hp 4 stroke pulls a tube and skier without issues.

Jeff Allred

Here’s a video from today. Thoughts?

Jeff Allred

Here’s one more with the trim up a bit.

Ryan P
    Farmington

Sure seems to me like you need a prop with more pitch. That’s a nice boat, you get the prop figured out and you’ll love it.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Where you located?

Elevation issue?

I’d bet money on that motor being the issue. Props can only do, or don’t do so much, that thing is flat out not putting out the ponies. Good luck.

marvins
    Kansas

Geez is the prop hub stripped out. You should be going 45 plus. I would think you would use somewhere around a 17p. I’m running a 21p on my 1750 75 tiller 2 stroke max of two people.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 95 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.