Where are the canning lids?

• JEREMY
    BP

My daughter wants to make jelly from a bunch of berries in the freezer, why the hell is there still no lids on store shelves. I think there has been plenty of time to manufacture some.

Wallyhntr1
    Tonka

I’m not seeing any in any stores, sucks.

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

We just bought regular and wide mouth lids and rings from Amazon.

shockers
    Rochester

found some at Fleet Farm in Rochester a week or so ago. I was amazed as I hadn’t seen them in months on the shelves. But no idea if there are any left. There wasn’t a lot there.

munchy
    NULL

I have seen them at both Menards and Fleet Farm by me in the past week. In fact Fleet Farm had a few pallets of jars with lids sitting on the floor.

I’d say it comes down to manufacturing still not being at 100% production and the surge of canning being done outpaces supply.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Many stores don’t restock canning supplies after the fall demand

JEREMY
    BP

I went to the FF by me to get some maple syrup filters. They didnt have any on the shelf when i asked the lady she said they havent gone through freight in a while. Asked me how many i wanted and went to look. Came back with the two i wanted and said there was a bunch back there. God forbid bring a couple extra to put on the rack.

JEREMY
    BP

March 16, 2021 at 3:18 pm#2022618
    We just bought regular and wide mouth lids and rings from Amazon.

Maybe its me being a tight arse but i cant pay a dollar a lid for something that should be 3 dollars a dozen.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

My daughter wants to make jelly from a bunch of berries in the freezer, why the hell is there still no lids on store shelves. I think there has been plenty of time to manufacture some.

It’s called hoarding, and social and news media we can thank for this. Every time someone comments about something that is running out idiot Americans who can not function without go and buy more then they need.

luckydave
    Cottage Grove, MN

Jeremy, it all depends on how close you live to the store. In our case it’s cheaper to have it shipped.

Duke M

Several years ago we bought 200 Tattler reuseable seals and lids for the jars we don’t give away. Totally satisfied with Tattlers. We can syrup, meat, chickens, fish, chili, soups, veggies, etc. They have worked as promised. Follow the directions, they are slightly different than traditional lids.

Cooperman
    Nevis, Mn.

We did inventory on our canning supplies and found out we had 500 lids. Maybe I can trade for some reloading primers?
    Also bought about 30 Tattlers this year to try out.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.