Wheelhouse Tv mount

• patk
    Participant
    Nisswa, MN

Need to mount a tv in a new to me shack. Disclaimer, I don’t know what’s behind the walls and one of the least handy here on the site. this started as a 2011 Yeti shell and custom finished.

How do I install the mount? Can I screw a mount right into the “stud”? Do I need to add in some reinforcements before mounting? In the pic the antlers will come down and the tv will be in that general space. Tv will be 24″-32″ in size and less than 10 pounds. Don’t need much, small’ish space, and want to conserve on power draw.

Think I found a mount that will work. http://goicefish.com/locking-full-motion-tv-mount-13-42-33lbs-grey-30078/

Did I miss anything?

Attachments:
    1. P1150647.jpg

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

My fire brand had a plate behind the wall so it was reinforced. That way I could travel with out removing it.

I’m sure going in to the studs is fine, but I wouldn’t travel with it up in place

Sylvanboat
    Participant

I have an RV trailer. I got a sheet of plywood just wider than two of the studs running up and down, and screwed the plywood into the studs. Then I screwed the mount into the plywood. That was appx ten years ago and never a problem. Our TV weighs more than yours and we never removed from the mount.

beardly
    Participant
    Hastings, Mn

I screwed into the studs. 24″ TV. O also leave it up during travel. Bungee to hold it from swinging. Going in year 3.

Jamin
    Participant
    Hudson, WI

Yetti having aluminum studs I know Yetti will usually tell you to be cautious drilling into their studs. Also need to then worry about condensation transfer (I’ve heard you could get frost build up on the lags).

I have a 2018 Yetti and they put a 3/4″ backer board where the TV is supposed to go. With your’s being custom finished, Yetti won’t be able to help you. Did the person you buy it from finish it by chance? Maybe you could ask them if they put any backer boards in place for a future TV.

castle-rock-clown
    Participant

I have mine on a swivel mount. When watching it swings out. When cooking it swings in against the wall so I don’t hit my head. I installed a shelf that supports it when going down the road. I can use the shelf when I swing out the tv. I drilled two holes in the shelf and when tv is stowed against the wall I place two wood dowels in the holes to hold tv in and not swing off it’s support shelf. Going strong since 2014.

Attachments:
    1. 59AE3478-8953-42BC-B895-C03F7B1C7BD8.jpeg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.