• gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Nice work. The neko strikes again for ya huh

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah it did. Caught a ton of fish on it. Earlier in the year than normal too. 8-12 feet of water in the weeds on main lake points. My favorite way to fish.

FryDog62
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>gimruis wrote:</div>

Yeah it did. Caught a ton of fish on it. Earlier in the year than normal too. 8-12 feet of water in the weeds on main lake points. My favorite way to fish.

That’s encouraging to hear… moving lures on the flats have been so hit/miss. Hard to believe it’s Neko-Time but I’m in.. peace

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

Fished our multi-species league last night in Wright County. Water was high and stained. Couldn’t catch a pike or walleye, but the bigger LMB’s were in shallow. Obviously didn’t help us this week, but were fun to catch. 62 deg water. Jigworm, jerkbait, crankbait and spinnerbait all worked equally well.

Bass Pundit
    Participant
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

The Platte Lake specials were slamming a buzzbait last night around pad roots and pads. Also caught quite a few on a chatterbait.

Michael Best
    Participant

I don’t know if we would call this time frame late spring or early summer.

But anyway we had a good day on a couple lakes by Fergus Falls.
    Caught roughly 30 largemouth on Pelican by Ashby. Every fish came on a chatter bait or a crank bait (KVD 1.5).
    Could not buy a bite on a spinnerbait, Texas rigged plastic or a jig.

Went to Ten Mile by Dalton and the smallmouth were on the beds. Caught around 20 fish there. A drop shot drug into the bed and they couldn’t resist.

Attachments:
    1. A42E08B7-32F3-4CF5-B899-2B62DB9C87BC-scaled.jpeg

2. E2C33FF6-B8A5-4E4E-AABD-1FDED6F3461F-scaled.jpeg

mrpike1973
    Participant

Very slow weekend for me most bass on weed edges very slow and lethargic fish for me and the floating algae was really bad.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

It was very tough saturday during my tournament. Winning weight was under 14 lbs on a lake that should take 16-18 to win. Didn’t get bites on anything but a frog other than one fish. We had guys struggle to get a limit which is unusual for the guys in our series.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

I only caught 4 bass yesterday morning in about 3.5 hours but they were all quality fish. The biggest one I caught was 19 inches, my best largie this season so far. Water temp 72 degrees.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3022.jpg

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nice Gim! I’m hoping the water temp keeps going up for my tourney on Saturday. The warmer the better so I can target the deep weedlines. I’ll be out there this week seeing how the jigworm, neko, and t rigged plastics bite is.

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Nice Gim! I’m hoping the water temp keeps going up for my tourney on Saturday. The warmer the better so I can target the deep weedlines. I’ll be out there this week seeing how the jigworm, neko, and t rigged plastics bite is.

You wouldn’t believe what I caught them on either. A jerk bait. Normally I consider it a pre spawn cold water technique, but I still had one tied on from a few weeks ago in May, so I tossed it a couple times. Low and behold a nice 17 incher smacked it on my third cast.

I also saw a fair amount of sunfish on beds too. I saw a couple really big bass in those areas but I didn’t catch any of them. I think the water temps are going to go up a bit this week with the warm forecast.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yeah they have been on the first stage of weedlines for awhile now. I have thought the jerkbait would crush this whole time but I haven’t caught a single bass on it. Very odd. Glad you found some that would bite it. I love fishing a jerkbait.

FryDog62
    Participant

North of Grand Rapids today – deep, clear lake. Still only 67 degree water temps. Football jigs in 5-10 fow. 17-19 inch smallies. Decent bite first couple hours then it got hot sunny and slowed down.

Attachments:
    1. 45F38A1A-A91E-4D8A-B81B-0C92CE1353B7.jpeg

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nice Frydog, love the sun gloves!

FryDog62
    Participant

That’s my buddy Greg – son gave him the trout colored gloves since he lives in Montana waytogo

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

That’s my buddy Greg – son gave him the trout colored gloves since he lives in Montana waytogo

I thought you looked different! jester

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Frydog I think you should start a new bass thread – Summer Patterns 2022. Spring is technically over as of yesterday and according to the calendar it was over June 1.

fishthumper
    Participant
    Sartell, MN.

I’m about to start really ishing bass for the season. It was a really off spring for bass around here. Have not been out bass fishing for several weeks now. I’m hoping the deeper weedline bite is setting up by now. I guess it all depends on how the weeds are coming along. The weed growth seemed to be way behind the last time we were out. Hopefully some of these warmer temps and sunshine has got them growing well. Time to get the Jigworm, Dropshot, and Neko rods all set up. With have to have a Jig and pig and Texas rigged rod ready to go as well. The early summer to early fall bass fishing is my favorite period of the year.

Joe Jarl
    Participant
    SW Wright County

The last couple of weeks the weeds have really been coming in out in Wright Co. Fished Pulaski last Thursday for league. Not known as a superb bass lake, but we usually get our six. Last week we struggled to get 5. Weed growth was actually ahead of last year for the same time. Deep weedline bite (my favorite) was not going that we could see. Found fish in the mid-depth weeds and up on shore. One on a spinnerbait, rest on the weightless wacky.

FryDog62
    Participant

Frydog I think you should start a new bass thread – Summer Patterns 2022. Spring is technically over as of yesterday and according to the calendar it was over June 1.

Yes, was waiting for the 21st to make it official – but it’s definite post spawn. Crazy weather patterns, lots of feedback and input always helps…

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.