What Resort to go out of at Red Lake/Snow Cover

• Mike Lindgren
    Participant

We’re heading up to Red Lake this weekend with a group of people and a couple wheel houses and was wondering how easy it is to get around out there. I haven’t been up there for years. I’d like to stay away from the crowds if possible but don’t want to get into trouble/stuck. Any ideas on what the snow cover is like and what resorts to go out of? I’m thinking the last time I went up we went out of West Wind. I’m guessing most will plow roads for a fee. Some people in our group are asking about bathrooms on the ice. Any ideas what resorts have bathrooms out there. Any info is appreciated.

haleysgold
    Participant
    SE MN

My 2 cents.
    I don’t make it up there or LOTW that often but find this to be the easiest and not depend on anybody else.
    I bring a pop up with, stake it down good and set a loo in it. If your a 1 and done, wrap it up and put it in a can to freeze. Or as many dumps as you’re comfortable with.
    Take it with you when you leave and then dispose of the frozen bags.

If you have a room in the fish shack, that works too. I like having it outside as some of the guys…well, it stinks.

cookie
    Participant
    waskish minnesota on upper red lake

all the resorts have plowed roads. you can easily find a spot that a house was. Westwind pre plows spots, I think. We offer plowed driveways for a fee. I’m out of hillmans. the rest of the resort not sure what they do

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.