WFC and lakemaster V8

• Spearhead218

Has anyone tried the new Lakemaster V8 chip on the Whitefish chain? I see it’s been resurveyed and was wondering if it is a lot more accurate than the previous versions. I found the previous versions to be terribly inaccurate.

spearhead, the survey is as good as it gets, new structure found in it vs the original survey. It looks like they updated the large MN lakes–Mille lacs, winnie, leech, vermillion, tonka–which I assume were one of the original surveys they did back when they first started. along with alot more lakes added

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I just ordered my Lakemaster v8 chip. Amazon has them for $92 with free shipping. I will let you know how good it is when I get on the chain. grin

Spearhead218

I guess the wifey ordered mine yesterday and I got it today. I’ll be on the water with it tonight

Mos’

When you update your chip do you lose your coordinates on a Humminbird unit?

Mos’

I mean if you take a V7 chip out and put a V8 chip in, not doing any software updates..

blank

Mos’, no you do not lose your coordinates. Those are saved on the Humminbird.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.