West Medicine Lake Park Launch

• FinickyFish

I always use it in the winter but was wondering if anyone has any experience launching a boat from West Medicine Lake Park launch. It’s the closest to my house and wondering if it would be better than looping through French Regional.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I occasionally use the park access at Medicine Lake. I did not realize there was another public access to launch a boat on that lake.

Deuces

Didn’t think there was any parking on that launch, or if there was it was minimal at best.

Always used french bc I enjoy it. Nice launch, shallow getting out tho on low water years with a big boat.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice launch, shallow getting out tho on low water years with a big boat.

Not a big fan of only having one dock right in the middle of the two access points. People park their boat on one side of the dock and then no one can use the access until they move. Really causes problems when there’s a line of people waiting.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I don’t think they allow boats to launch there, unless things have changed recently.

…shallow getting out tho on low water years with a big boat.

That’s an understatement. It’d be nice if they’d dredge a channel to safe water. It cost me a prop last year.

FinickyFish

Thanks guys. Sounds like a no go with a full size fishing boat. Guess I didn’t even think about parking, there really isn’t a good place to park a boat and trailer.

mnfisherman18

The last few times I have been there the access was chained off, so we had to go to French park. They definitely need to dredge a path out from the access, it gets dicey on low water years.

Deuces

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>
    Nice launch, shallow getting out tho on low water years with a big boat.

Not a big fan of only having one dock right in the middle of the two access points. People park their boat on one side of the dock and then no one can use the access until they move. Really causes problems when there’s a line of people waiting.

I enjoy traversing the wood blocks on the sides, theyre always open. Been a few years since I’ve been there tho, hope still there

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I enjoy traversing the wood blocks on the sides, theyre always open. Been a few years since I’ve been there tho, hope still there

Those are still there. They are pretty freaking narrow though and there’s no place to tie up. What they should do is turn them into docks instead. That would make a huge difference.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Dredging before new docks! rotflol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.