Weekend at Cass

• DaveB
    Participant
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I fished a small, fun, couples tournament this weekend on Cass. There were so great fisherman (Brian Brosdahl, Steve Weickert, Joe Balser and a few other semi-pros), some casual fisherman and some people who just wanted to be on the water. I hadn’t fished Cass in over 15 years and never in my own boat. I went out with Steve on Friday night for an hour or so and we put a couple in the boat on a shallow weedline in 8-10′ of water that he had been doing good on recently. My gal and I tried that in the morning first thing and only found perch. We headed to Pike Bay (supposed to have a better bite recently) and found some walleye on some steep breaks in 20-30′ water. Most fish were getting caught on red tails, leeches and crawlers, but all of my eyes came on jigging raps casted out away from the boat. Bigger perch were caught on redtails and big fatheads.

All in all, a great weekend and it was fun to catch up with some old friends. My girlfriend’s endurance and willingness to put in 6-7 hours on the water and try new techniques was also fun, she had only been fishing once before in her life.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

I think your girlfriends willingness to learn can be attributed to her teacher.

Glad you had fun.

Ron
    Participant
    Victoria, mn

That girl’s a keeper. Set the hook gently and reel her in carefully. waytogo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.