Weed bite still going?

• tim hurley

Talked with a guy who has been doing well catching walleye in weedy areas, he said in the last couple of weeks the weeds have really died back.
    I was planning on fishing a weedy bay next week, lake is very clear and the bay is on the north side would think it should be good. We had a pretty serious snow pack but so much of that is gone (TG) and the sun is getting strong.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Are you fishing walleye or panfish? We have been targeting walleye in 6 to 8 ft. Weeds are near but I’m fishing rocks. Moving to 12ish ft weed lines, for sun fish. It’s going to depend on the water your fishing.

tim hurley

Que the crickets- people are either fishing basins or like Bear rockpiles- Basins are huge and usually marked by a town of shacks, weedy spots are trickier, a few feet can be in the weeds too much or off too much, you probably have to move more. The pluses are you have the spot to yourself you get more species of fish and the fish are BIGGER.

Ripjiggen

Sounds like you are answering your own question.
    Going from a walleye weed report but wanting to fish panfish may have made some confused as to the original question.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m not sure if you are asking something or telling us something. Bigger perch in the shallow right now where we been fishing and a handful of these. This one was 36 and really fat. All the bigger game fish I’ve caught or seen come out have been fat and filled up cruising shallow weeds. We fished 5 to 6 feet of water today and seen lots of panfish, very active.

Attachments:
    1. 20230213_174257-scaled.jpg

tim hurley

Thanks-felt like the weeds should still be going on clear lakes but was not sure, we will loose a lot of snow today with rain for a big chunk of the state.

Charles

That’s how I been catching them season, no idea but 10ft right on the edge I am getting some good size eater crappies.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Not just clear lakes. None of the lakes I fish are clear.
    The weed bite goes all year. Find weeds find fish. Not dying off weeds but healthy green weeds

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Thanks-felt like the weeds should still be going on clear lakes but was not sure, we will loose a lot of snow today with rain for a big chunk of the state.

It is really eating our snow here in the Saint Cloud area right now. Not sure what time it started last night, but its been raining every since I got up this morning. Looks like its going to rain all day. Possibly turning to snow overnight

tim hurley

BTW-nice pike Bear/ COB (children of Bear- Cubs?)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.