Waterproof Tackle Bags

• Joe
    Participant

I currently use Cabela’s advanced angler bags and 3700 boxes for my tackle storage in the boat. My only complaint is that when fishing in the rain, the bags take on water. When done I have to take the 3700 boxes out and open them up to keep the hooks from rusting. Anyone have any luck with water repellent spray on bags like this or know of any that actually stay dry?

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Several MFG have dry tackle bags. Plano Daiwa Sims, I have a Cabellas one that works good. Honestly don’t use it anymore and if you are by St. Paul you are welcome to it.

Karry Kyllo
    Participant

I use the same bags and know what you mean. I love the tackle bags though and just got into the habit of opening them up and drying them out between trips as well as opening up individual tackle boxes and drying them out also if needed.

Gregg Gunter
    Participant

I returned the Advanced Angler bag for the same reason. I have a Gamakatsu tackle box that I really like.

Umy
    Participant
    South Metro

I always had hard bottom bags when I used them. Did the same as you when I got home.
    I no longer use bags. All my lures are in compartments in my boat out of the direct rain. They are all the Plano boxes with the 3 latches and rubber seal. I put a couple of those little moisture absorbing bags you get with new shoes in one of the little compartments in each box. My worms and plastics are in sealable shoeboxes under cover.
    I bring nothing out of the boat anymore.

critter 1
    Participant

I use the small Rubbermaid Action Packers. They are completely waterproof and will take a lot of various size plastic boxes and other items you want out of the weather. I had been using these and went to a tackle bag. Did not take long and dumped the bag and went back to the Action Packers.

Joe
    Participant

I’ve ordered a googan squad medium tackle toter to see how that will work. It’s relatively cheap so not out much if it sucks. I like that it doesn’t have all the extra pockets on the outside. I don’t know if googan squad is decent quality, hopefully it’s better that the name sounds lol.

I like the simms bag, but it along with the other waterproof bags ive found are smaller the the magnum bag i have which holds 9 3700 trays.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.