Closing Day Miss. River Hunt

• mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Story to follow… It was great to get back on the river!!!

Mark

deertracker

Nice way to end the season. Congrats!
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Had to be chilly out there.

deertracker

What kind of bird is on the far left?
    DT

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

deertracker:

Immature drake goldeneye, along with black duck, GWT, 8 mallards and the two geese… Hunted with Capt. Matt Raley of Hideaway Hollow Outfitters… Could have been a better day had we not had a hunter come close to us to start the day and run through the ice above setting loose an ice flow that lead us to staking the ice above us and pushing all of the ice out of our hole taking out most of the first 1.5 hours of the a.m.

Mark

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Damn fine way to end the season

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Jeff:

Yes it was and right in your back yard!!! Potosi Inn, BaaaBeee!!!

Now that I think about your post, I am sorry I didn’t get ahold of ya to have one beer before bed!!! My Bad!!! Won’t forget next time!!!

Mark

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Was that pic taken at the point landing Mark/? A few of my friends do very well down in Potosi, the boys an I like to hit the bottoms of Bagley. We had a pretty good season with a great flight of greenheads the last few days until the dreaded cold snap locked everythingup solid. Next year my youngest and I are going to let Cam blast the deer while we sit in the duck boat. Amazing how a guys attitude changes. Deer just aren’t as important compared to seeing feathers locked up over a spread. LMK if you make it down this way next year and I’ll try my hardest to steer u clear of the Potosi beers……New Glarus or nuthin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.