Duck Boat Blind Plans

• deertracker
    Participant

I’m looking for plans to build a blind for my Lund 14′ V. I want to use the fastgrass mats. I would like the top to be able to fold down to shot.I’m assuming conduit is easiest to use but I can’t find plans online for a good one. Anyone have good plans? Otherwise I will just design my own.
    DT

jeff_jensen
    Participant
    cassville ,wis

I hope u get a reply, my two boys and I have plans on our 16ft. v for a duck layout, we have a few ideas but nothing cemented yet

corey_waller
    Participant
    hastings mn

I will dig out my blind this weekend and snap some pictures for you. I had the same problem last year looking for some good plans and found nothing so I went to work and designed my own. I hunted hard last year with a bunch of different groups and everyone commented on how they though my blind worked awesome. Not trying to break my arm patting myself on the back but I think it turned out great.

corey_waller
    Participant
    hastings mn

here are a few I took last year. I build the frame out of 1/2″ EMT and the base out of 1″ square tubing. I bought the canvas from Rochford Supply in the cities. If your going to be building a blind you gotta check out their website. They have everything you need from canvas to poles to snaps… everything and its a heck of alot cheaper than everywhere else. I had a seemstres lady here in town sew my canvas, pinned it up in the corners and brought it in to her she did it for 75 bucks. I sewed on the stubble strips and used a combination of fast grass and natural vegitation to make it disapper in the swamp. canvas,conduit,steel,sewing,snaps and hardware this entire thing cost me about $225.00 tops.

It sets up real quick and the top flips back when its time to blast, folds down real nice for motoring to the spot too.

If you have any questions I would be glad to help out post it here or give me a call 651-214-8875

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Just got out of a river/duck boat this past weekend while fishing smallmouth with Chuck Nordahl. He found a source for some neoprene. Not cheap to buy in a big roll, but a GREAT floor for a duckboat or fishing boat. Warm for the dogs, dry, and most of all, quiet. Pretty neat, never seen it before, but if I duck-hunted that’s what I’d be looking to do.

Joel

corey_waller
    Participant
    hastings mn

Joel, can you get some info on the neoprene?

deertracker
    Participant

Thanks for the pics Corey. That’s exactly how I want mine setup.
    DT

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.