steel shot for .410??

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I know this sounds crazy, but is there anywhere to get .410 steel shot, or am i going to have to load my own? The reason i ask, is i have a single shot .410 that was my grandpas gun. I’ve shot Pheasant, Quail, Ducks (off our pond at home when i was younger, and didn’t know steel was required… ) I would like to bag a goose with this gun, for sentimental reasons. I know it would be tough, but i’m pretty confident i can make the shot. We’ve been decoying geese in incredible close, and if i can hit a quail, i’m pretty sure i can make a shot on a goose. Thanks in advance.

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Heavy shot is made in .410 but the last time I checked they were very outrageous in price for the .410 You might check on-line at Macks Prairie Wings – think they were where I had seen them advertised last. Never seen steel manufactured or sold for the .410 though. Good luck – I killed my first snow goose when I was 9 with my little .410 so I know it is possible – but it will be tough without a good head shot in close. Good luck, Chuck

chuckles
    Manchester, Iowa

Heavy shot is made in .410 but the last time I checked they were very outrageous in price for the .410 You might check on-line at Macks Prairie Wings – think they were where I had seen them advertised last. Never seen steel manufactured or sold for the .410 though. Good luck – I killed my first snow goose when I was 9 with my little .410 so I know it is possible – but it will be tough without a good head shot in close. Good luck, Chuck

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

Cabelas has them 10 ea for $16. Trip to P.D.C?
    I would check with Scheels or Fleet Farm/Farm Fleet locally

big_dog_ia
    Omaha, Ne

Cabelas has them 10 ea for $16. Trip to P.D.C?
    I would check with Scheels or Fleet Farm/Farm Fleet locally

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.