water softener leak

• Netguy
    Minnetonka

My water softener started leaking on the inlet fitting. I know there is an O-ring in there. Maybe it is cracked.

It’s a Kenmore. I bought this because it replaced a Kenmore and the inlet/outlet fittings were supposed to be the same height off the floor for my plumbing, hard plumbed (not the cleanest soldering but there are no leaks!!), no flexible tubing. However, the height of the inlet was a little off and didn’t line up quite right. I installed this ~8 years ago and it just started leaking now.

I will close the valves that go to the softener and remove the softener from the fittings. If the O-ring is cracked, I’ll replace that. If it’s not, then I will add braided stainless supply lines. Are there supply lines that connect the silver fitting on the end of the copper to the plastic fitting that goes into the softener? Is it OK to have a loop in them. The majority of the water in the house goes through the softener so there is not a lot of water sitting. What is code? I would like to keep the bypass valving.

Attachments:
    1. valves.jpg

2. connections.jpg

3. connections-close-up.jpg

Netguy
    Minnetonka

I don’t know how the double post happened. Please reply to the one in the Genereal Discussion board.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

So Mike says it can’t really be fixed so you put it in the classified to sell to someone else…..makes sense. jester

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.