Water Levels?

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’m thinking about launching at the Boomsite Wednesday morning. Wondering if it’s getting a little sketchy with the lack of rain?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Yes. I’ve seen it lower but it’s been a long time.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Yes. I’ve seen it lower but it’s been a long time.

Thanks Mike. I have been using the boomsite launch and going down to the 94 bridge. Just wondering if I should scrap that if it’s going to be hairy to navigate out of the launch?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I wouldn’t think so. Stay toward MN shoreline to get to the docks downstream of the launch. Trim up. Few deadheads linger there typically.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

I’m not to familiar with Boomsite landing. Did hear this morning the Croix is close to record low water levels. Less than half a foot from record low. Then again it is the Croix. If you do hit something good chance it will be a sandbar and that’s not all bad.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have no idea to your original post. But I can tell you some of the landings here is central Minnesota are getting in really bad shape. We need some rain soon and need a lot of it. My buddy has damaged 3 prop’s loading boats here this year. We had to hand crank the boat onto the trailer the last outing. Have not had to do that for may years. Its so bad he went and purchased a push pole just in case things get even worse. At this rate by the end of summer out lakes to fish may be determined by the lakes we can get on and off of.

KP
    Hudson, WI

I was out on Sunday and just north of the Lift Bridge in Stillwater I saw a pontoon go full board into a sandbar. Everyone was ok except for the lower unit.

Glad I grew up on the River and know where the low spots can be but felt bad for that guy.

LabDaddy1

No better time to get into kayak fishing! Sure looks like fun, as well as easy load/unload. Prob would tak some getting used to being down at water level though…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.