Water Coming from Boat After Removing from Lake?

• Robert Rains
    Participant

I purchased a 1995 Stratos 201 pro. It has 3 drain holes at the back of the hull. One has a plug that I put in before launching the boat. When I bring the boat out of the water it has a lot of water coming out of the 2 open holes. I thought these could be for the live wells but I looked in one of the live wells while in the water and it had no water in it. When I remove the drain plug a lot of water comes out of it also. I’m just confused as to where the water is coming from and how it is getting in the boat?
    Thanks for any thoughts on this subject.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

How often does your bilge pump kick on while fishing? Or how often do you run the bilge?

-J.

Robert Rains
    Participant

I flipped the switch for dual bilge pumps my last time on the lake. Nothing happened.

sipple31
    Participant
    West Central Sconni

Some boats have ballast cavities that intentionally allow water in to help balance the boat and make it ride better. Could be that if your bilge isn’t picking anything up.

Huntindave
    Participant
    Shell Rock Iowa

I flipped the switch for dual bilge pumps my last time on the lake. Nothing happened.

If nothing happened, ie; the pumps did not turn on, I would get that corrected ASAP.

Tom P.
    Participant
    Whitehall Wi.

I would also check the transom on that age of boat it could be getting bad and allowing water in.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

This happened to me last weekend. My livewell pump was cracked where it hooks to the hose. I didn’t notice until my floor carpet was wet. I now fixed it with a new pump and also switched over to a auto bilge

Attachments:
    1. 20220709_153400-scaled.jpg

Rodwork
    Participant
    Farmington, MN

It could be a number of things. Cracked live well line, line could be off the bilge pump, bad pump, bad connector somewhere… If the waves are big enough when I launch my boat I will take on water. Before removing yourself off the water try to see as far back and to the bottom of your boat you can if there is any water there.

Bearcat89
    Participant
    North branch, mn

Put your plug in and start filling bottom of boat with water. You should see where it leaks pretty fast. Them you know what needs to be fixed at least

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.