Washburn or Saxon?

• biggill
    East Bethel, MN

A little birdie told me there might be some coho around Duluth right now. I can’t confirm though. whistling

Can’t help you on the Washburn or Saxon area. I’m curious myself though.

Attachments:
    1. F39BAEB1-BE38-40F6-9EB7-6E76861DEE65.jpeg

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

They have been trolling out of Washburn but depends on which way the wind is blowing. Most have been putting in at Bodin’s Resort just north of Washburn or at Blackhawk landing in Bayfield

bigpike

A buddy of mine was fishing in that area, dont ask me where cuz it’s not my cup of tea but it was up there and he said he caught 6 browns and a coho. At a mudline he found should give a good clue. He was disappointed he didnt get any lakers

Matt L
    Twin Cities

Haha @biggill, I also heard some rumblings, but ENE winds this weekend means I need to explore elsewhere. Thanks for the info, it’s looking like I’ll be heading forwards the Apostle Islands.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Matt L:

I’m not sure that you would want to launch out of Saxon based on ENE winds at all, but a bigger issue than that is I’m not sure that they’ve opened that harbor yet… When the big rain event happened two or three years ago, it was followed up with another similar event last summer.

For one reason or another, engineers want to try to steer the small stream into the harbor with a bend in it, but it keeps blowing the harbor up!!! I’ll check and get back to you on Saxon.

I know Tommy Hicks has been out, assuming that was from Red Cliff, Bayfield or perhaps Washburn… I also have heard they are going out of Corny, but I’m not sure that with the ENE you’re any better there…

Mark

Matt L
    Twin Cities

Thanks Mark, the plan is to head Bayfield, hide around the Islands and look to get whatever bites!

Matt L
    Twin Cities

Fishing was good to us, I am guessing it will good be for anyone wanting to get on that bite the next week or 2. 17-25 Saturday all coho, 1 brown fished all day. Dialed it in Sunday and went 17-20 and off the water by 10am with a couple doubles and one quadruple to end the morning.

35-45 FOW, 2.4 was ok, 2.8MPH was the best. Orange scatter raps and red storm thin fish worked best for us.

Attachments:
    1. 0A2388D0-DFE0-4B5B-B14C-38531E9D13AF.jpeg

2. 2CEDF050-9F8B-4567-9A45-137F717EBDCB.jpeg

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

MattL:

Were you still there yesterday????

We were out of Washburn from 9-ish to 4-ish and 9 for 14, Blue on top, steel side, orange underside scatterrap was our hot color, then a mix of other fun stuff, we fished for a friend’s shakedown cruise and had 1 whitefish, 3 browns and 5 coho…

Mark

Matt L
    Twin Cities

Mark, Yes, we were out from 5:30AM-9:45AM, and decided to head home to Minneapolis after getting our limit. It was a great weekend to be on the water!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.