Wapsi Report (pic)

• walleye_wisdom
    Participant
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Fished the Wapsi today with Where’s Waldo, from about 2:00-4:30 with pretty good success. Caught several eyes ranging from 15-17″, a nice eater Channel cat, and a 16″ Smallie. Good fishing for the short time we had. Water clarity was about 1ft and the water temp was 65.

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Alright! you been fishing over by independence or Quasqy?

andyjcraig
    Participant
    Iowa City, Iowa

Nice job WW and WW Whereabouts were you? Nice fish.

walleye_wisdom
    Participant

We near Independence when these were caught.

fishnhard72
    Participant
    Ankeny, IA

Indee is a good one all my relatives live there from ur picture i know right where that spots at and had pretty good luck with the crappies and walleyes in early september and our duck blind is about a 1/4 mi from there.

walleye_wisdom
    Participant

Those duck blinds were awesome! Kind of looked weird in the middle of the river, but they looked like some cool blinds! Let me know if you ever need a sharpshooter in the blind!

maurice
    Participant

HI–I am glad the info I gave you worked out so well however if you havent had your laugh today I have to ask what is –wheres waldo–snagged

fishnhard72
    Participant
    Ankeny, IA

Walleye Wisdom i wont be able to go into ours until november cause of the family that hunts in the early season but we should get together weekend and go fish the good ole bridge if there bitting let me know man

eye-full
    Participant
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Hey Mike just a heads up. I was down there the other day looking around and over heard a couple guys fishing talking about going out there and snagging those decoys at night. Don’t know if they were serious or not, just a heads up.
    Nice blinds by the way, sweet job of brushing them in. .

fishnhard72
    Participant
    Ankeny, IA

Hey thanks alot I dont think we have decoys at our blind yet were not the two out in the water but on shore but again thanks for the heads up and ill those those other guys know

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

After the cooler walleye water and weather is here my two choices of jigs to use are,,,a 1/16th to 3/32nds oz. chartruese bucktail tipped with a big fathead to slow the fall. My number 2 choices are a white or chartruese twistertail from 1-1/2″ long to 3″ long, both tip with a big minnow too on the same jig weights. Alomst always get hit near the bottom too.

fishnhard72
    Participant
    Ankeny, IA

anything below central city dam??

mossydan
    Participant
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Havent heard, my choice would be below the dam in Anamosa on the west side.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.