anything going on in the wapsi

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I drive by the wapsi about once a week and see guys fishing. Haven’t stopped to ask how thier doing. The waters just a little above normal and halfway clear right now and it looks pretty good. Whats the water look like up river. Might stop there the next few days. Anybody heard how its been.

maurice

fished the wapsi the 8th and9th–last weekend and the fishing was fantastic–after finding the fish Sat took 2 hours for 3 to limit out and Sinday after locating them it took 3 hours to do the same and good quality fish–snagged

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

What area are you fishing and are you getting walleyes? what’s working for you? thanks!!

maurice

in answer to you question I am a eye person and thats it wether on the Miss or wapsi–the wapsi has been ok below and above the dam in Independence–further with the water cooling the big ones will start south of the hiway 20 bridge any time now–this is a pit dug out when they built the new super slab abount a1/4 mile south of 20–it drops from 1 fow to 20 in short order a little tough to get there but its worth it. todate its been 1/16th ouince jigs and crawlers–have a great weekend –snagged

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I had a little luck up by Littleton. Nothing to write home about, but the eyes were biting if you got everything right. It took quite a bit of searching to find them though. River seemed a bit up and was pretty dirty.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.