Panfish in the rain/sleet 1-23

• sivee
    Participant
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

Headed up to Big Round lake early this morning((5:45Am) to try morning bite with my bro.
    The ride from hudson up there was very exciting with the ice glaze covering the roads , we got there in one piece and stayed out of the ditch..
    We got set up in one of the areas we like to fish and my brother had the first crappie on before i even had my poles out. Maybe 2 minutes and he had the potatoe chip up and already starting with the schooling he’s gonna give today We managed to catch and release 15 crappies in an hour and a half, most being small and a couple that swallowed hooks that were taken home.
    BY 10:30 the crappies had stopped and small gills were now biting.We tried several different jigs in hopes of catching bigger ones, but the big boys just wouldn’t cooperate
    We decided it was time to move or try another lake, to lake wappogaset we headed which was only 8-9 miles away.
    We wanted to catch some bluegills so headed up to the northeast part of the lake and set up near a few permanent shacks.
    I turned on my marcum and it was lit up with lots of activity near the bottom in 12fow.Within 15 minutes we were putting some nice gills in the dinner pail.They were biting on waxies and small jigs.Today’s favorite was a small white demon jig, with an orange head and two waxies.
    My brother’s setup was a plain bronze hook and it seemed to outfish my jig a little.
    By 1:30 the bite had slowed to only marks and no bites, so we called it a successful day of fishing and headed home.
    Ended up taking 12 fish home for sunday fish fry , mm mm can’t wait

Pat Howard
    Participant
    Sparta Wi

They look delicious

Jesse Krook
    Participant
    Y.M.H.

Nice job on the Wapo gills I knew I should have went fishing with you today

mrcrappie
    Participant
    mn Dodge co.

Way to go guys. Those do look good. Yum

happycampin
    Participant
    New Richmond, WI

Nice job boys!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.