Anyone been out on Wappy lately?

• Sconny
    Participant

I’m looking at heading up there later this week and haven’t heard any reports.

littlefishy
    Participant
    Ellsworth, WI

Fishing was pretty brutal yesterday with the wind. Managed a good meal of crappie. Buddy was up on Big Round yesterday and they did excellent on the gills.

Wade Boardman
    Participant
    Grand Rapids, MN

Went out this weekend (Sunday). A ton of people out enjoying the day. We didn’t manage to find much. Of course we were looking for midday walleye in the deep.

Coming from Northern MN, I was shocked how green the water is down here and how healthy the weeds are already.

red89
    Participant
    Hudson

Fished wapo on tuesday looking for bass. Only managed to boat about 10 between the two of us, so it was pretty slow. Weeds are thick all over, but most just didnt seem to be holding fish, I thought the water was extremely clear… so I dont know what you mean by green water. I could see carp swimming all over without even wearing the polarized. my buddy said he has never seen such clear water.

stillakid2
    Participant
    Roberts, WI

There’s lakes in northern MN that are so clear that you can dip an empty water bottle in the lake, hold it up to a fresh bottled water and not see a bit of difference. I have yet to experience that on Wappy.

buck-slayer
    Participant

Quote:

There’s lakes in northern MN that are so clear that you can dip an empty water bottle in the lake, hold it up to a fresh bottled water and not see a bit of difference. I have yet to experience that on Wappy.

And you never will

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.