Thanks to Dean

• sbr_it
    Participant

First off gotta give a big thanks to Dean at Evert’s who was a great source of information as I took Friday and Monday off work to head over to the dam for the walleye/sauger action. Not only did Dean give me tips on presentations, he was helpful in instruction me of some boating practices, depths fish were holding, anchors, etc. If I had a question it was answered. Can’t say enough about the service that was received.

As for the fishing, I ended up having good success on both days with plenty of saugers and walleyes coming into the boat. I experimented around with all kinds of presentations and ended up catching fish on all of them at one point or another. Yesterday I even caught my first ever fish on a blade bait. Over all it was a great time out on the water and once again I learned a ton, which with it being only my second time over comes in very beneficial to me.

The bit is definitely going on over there. Fall is a great time to be out on the water.

z-man
    Participant
    Dousman, WI

…and it didn’t even cost you any cookies or kringle?? But you’re right, his willingness to help us sometimers out makes a big difference in getting on fish sooner than later. Wish I could get there more than once or twice a year.

sbr_it
    Participant

Quote:

…and it didn’t even cost you any cookies or kringle??

Now I didn’t say that. I made sure Dean was taken care of both days I came over.

Dean Marshall
    Participant
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Yes,you did!

Jeff Bennett
    Participant
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

Awesome job Dean , with reports like this its starting to make up my mind where i,m staying when we come up in the area.

DMan
    Participant
    Long Lake IL.

Bushman:
    Evert’s is a great place to stay and fish out of. Book your dates early Dean keeps the place filled.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Bushman:
    Evert’s is a great place to stay and fish out of. Book your dates early Dean keeps the place filled.

Yea…I’d say…

I tried to book a cabin over the full moon for NEXT October…and he is filled up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.