Hot Lake Pepin Trolling Bite

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

This bite is NOW so if you’re looking to get in on some fast paced action be sure to check out the latest IDO video showing how to put the hammer down and some nice walleye in the net!

James Holst and Joel Nelson fish #5 shad raps late May, 2013 on Lake Pepin, MN for early summer walleye. The action is as fast paced as the trolling speed!

Additional Info:

Front Rods – St. Croix Eye Con 10’6″ Med. 115′ – 130′ foot back to #5 Shad Rap.
    Rear Rods – St. Croix Tidemaster 7’6″ Med. 135′ – 160′ foot back to #5 Shad Rap.
    Trolling Speed – 3.0 to 3.5 MPH
    Depth – 7′ – 8′
    Water Temp: 64′

brad-o
    Participant
    Mankato

Thanks for the video & tips guys. You sold me on were I should fish this Saturday!!! Are the ramps tuff to get in and out of with the high water?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Thanks for the video & tips guys. You sold me on were I should fish this Saturday!!! Are the ramps tuff to get in and out of with the high water?

No issues at all. Business as usual.

TJ
    Participant
    Hammond, WI

I hate these videos! Every time I watch one it makes me think, “That looks easy, I can do that!” Then I get down there and reality strikes. I have proven on multiple locations that it isn’t impossible to “not to load the boat (with eaters)” Great work men!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I hate these videos! Every time I watch one it makes me think, “That looks easy, I can do that!” Then I get down there and reality strikes. I have proven on multiple locations that it isn’t impossible to “load the boat (with eaters)” Great work men!

Hey Ocean… nothing’s impossible man! And this is one of those bites, if it ever was going to happen, this is it.

Glad you like the vids. As long as the guys keep watching, we’ll keep knocking them out.

TJ
    Participant
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

Hey Ocean… nothing’s impossible man! And this is one of those bites, if it ever was going to happen, this is it.

OK…you twisted my arm. I will be down on Monday to try it out. It will be my maiden voyage with my new SI unit. Should be a fun day of scanning if nothing else.

shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

X2. I watch these and think, heck, I could do that! And then…not so much. But I love watching these videos, and really appreciate the great tips, James. Even if my buddy and I have always said, that James, he could catch walleye in a dry bathtub! Keep up the good work.

walleyenordy
    Participant
    Cottage Grove, MN

Quote:

X2. I watch these and think, heck, I could do that! And then…not so much. But I love watching these videos, and really appreciate the great tips, James. Even if my buddy and I have always said, that James, he could catch walleye in a dry bathtub! Keep up the good work.

X2 exactly

suzuki
    Participant
    Woodbury, Mn

Without asking for spots can someone tell me if I should avoid the upper, lower or middle? Otherwise I have an idea where to go around Pepin.

shockers
    Participant
    Rochester

Lake city area been ok for me. Sounds like guys are also doing well at head of lake by can line etc.

Francis K
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

What happened to this video? It’s only 2 months or so away and wanted a refresher.

deertracker
    Participant

It’s there for me Francis.
    DT

reverend
    Participant
    Rhinelander, WI

What happened to this video? It’s only 2 months or so away and wanted a refresher.

I don’t see it either…

Francis K
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

This is what I see.

Weird. ???

Attachments:
    1. Untitled.png

deertracker
    Participant

Huh. I’ll check my laptop but on my phone I see this.
    DT

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_2016-03-22-08-31-40.png

Outdraft
    Participant
    Western Wi.

Ya Francis that’s all I see on my droid

mnrabbit
    Participant
    South Central Minnesota

It doesn’t show up top for me either, but it is still on YouTube.

Francis K
    Participant
    Champlin, MN

Didn’t think of You Tube.

Thanks.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.