shorefishing pool 2 walleye

• jiggin-rake
    Participant
    inver grove heights, minnesota

I’ve caught about 20 walleye the last 2 days shorefishing by a storm drainage runoff with a BfishN tackle moxi. All fish have came from 1-3 fow in a current seam. Snap jigging aggressively and a fast retrieve on a heavy jig. Most fish have been in 14-20 inch range with a few mid 20 inchers mixed in.

walleyenordy
    Participant
    Cottage Grove, MN

Very nice fishing looked like you had fun too!!! I hope it continues.

jakeh
    Participant
    White Bear Twp

White paddle tails have been getinng some eyes for me while shore fishing.

Mike W
    Participant
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Great fish Jake. Finding those active current seams is key to figuring out good walleyes in higher water. Jumping from spot to spot like that is what I like to do in higher water conditions like right now. Usually have 3 to 6 rods rigged up with different offerings to try on each spot to. Almost never do all the fish on one spot want one lure or bait. Throwing variety to them is a great way to squeak a few more fish out of any given spot. UIf Im on a spot, catch a few fish and then miss a couple it tells me to throw something else in there. Its not until I get no hits on any particular lure that the spot is fished over well.

You going to be out in the boat this weekend Ryan? Been last weekend since Ive had a chance to get back down to pool 2. Very much looking forward to it this weekend and plan on fishing it often.

jiggin-rake
    Participant

Lost a 28”+ walleye yesterday that will haunt me for awhile. It broke my hook right off the jig as soon as I got it to shore. And never grab braided line when a fish is on the other end of it. Almost cut my finger off. Thanks guys! I plan on hitting it later today for an hour or so. Hopefully that beast walleye comes back!

BBKK
    Participant
    IA

Never grab any line with a fish on it.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

White paddle tails have been getinng some eyes for me while shore fishing.

X2

I love it when people complain about those dreary overcast days like we had this past week and I say I love em!! Keeps the walleyes shallow and within my reach. White paddle tails very effective as well as fish hanging out by those storm drains. Not to mention all the carp trying to swim up them things and making a ruckus. Nice fish Jake and good luck to you tonight!

You ever end up getting your walleye rod, and how you liking it?

wall3y3chaser
    Participant

Nice fish there, im still waiting for my 1st walleye, lots of smallmouth bass for me but im not complaining!

jiggin-rake
    Participant

a few more.

moxie
    Participant
    Sioux City,IA

Sweet shore catch jiggin rake..question for you. How long do you cast in one area before you know there’s nothing in the area. I’ll cast for 30min before changing my lure.

flanders51
    Participant

Great report. Thanks for sharing.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I’ll fancast the area well then change colors, usually less than 10min. If 2-3 colors don’t work I change presentations, whether that be from a moxi to a paddletail, of round head jig to a mimic minnow. Way too many times have I spent considerable time on one lure with nothing to show, only to change it up, and the very first cast Bam fish. Too coincedental for me.

jiggin-rake
    Participant

Pretty much what nhamm said. If I don’t get anything after 20-30 minutes of fancasting the area thoroughly I switch lures and presentations. If nothing after that I find a diff location or let it calm down for an hour or 2 then come back.

jiggin-rake
    Participant

My buddy Chris caught this nice saugeye earlier today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.