Any Prairie du Chien reports?

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Looks like I will be heading to Prairie this weekend for some fishing. I will be targeting some walleye but a couple buddies are coming and will be going after some big cats.

Just looking for any recent reports and water conditions. High, low, dirty? Thanks in advance! I’ll be posting a report when I get back.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The river has been just crazy this year… We have not hardly seen a sage that was below 10 feet all year…and our normal river stage is about 7.5….

Last Thursday evening to this past Sunday morning it dropped about 2 feet.. that’s a HUGE drop in just 3 days…

It projected stage for the next seven days is to drop 1 more foot..That will put in in the mid 8’s..

With that said there are a lot of fish in transition. coming out of the back waters and into more current driven area of the normal summer staging areas..

If there is not Monsoon down pours between now and then you should be in store for some fairly clean water with some minimal razor grass floating down..

If your fishing on the weekend… WATCH OUT !!! this pool has got to be the worst for the amount of pleasure boaters per mile then any other pool… So fish early and late in the channels and mid day in the back waters(or the bar)..

Good luck and I look forward to reading your report !!

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

ecnook – thanks for the quick reply. I know EXACTLY what you are talking about with boat traffic. I was out on that pool over the 4th of July weekend

I’m excited for some lower and hopefully clearer water finally! I’ll be sure to post any results I have, good or bad…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.