Vex Fl-18 question

• KwickStick
    Participant
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

On the Vexilar FL-18 can you use the zoom in shallow water say 6-10 feet? I know nothing about flashers, but it seems like the zoom would give you a bigger part of the circle to watch if it works in shallow water. I’m coming out of the Stone Age of no electronics on ice, so I don’t know what I don’t know. lol!

Charlie W
    Participant
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Yep. I use the zoom feature in shallow water (less than 10’) very often for the reasons you listed.

KwickStick
    Participant

Thanks, Charlie. I was hoping that was the case.

KwickStick
    Participant

Just to follow up, I had a great day yesterday with my new Vexilar Fl-18. I used the zoom feature even though I was in no more than 6’of water all day. Worked great, and glad I bumped up to the Fl-18 over the non-zoom Vexilars.

The bite was pretty slow all day, but I finished strong in the last hour ended up with a couple 12″ crappies, one 11 1/2 ” perch, and 7 nice gils with the two largest just over 9″.

The only hiccup was when I didn’t pull the unit out of the hole on a couple big ones and lost them after they got tangled in the cord. Rookie user mistake.

I know there are a lot of new and great technologies out there, and I’m sure it seems odd hearing an old guy rave about his new Vexilar, but I feel like I made a good investment in this unit.

chuck100
    Participant
    Platteville,Wi.

You did make a good investment.It will still be working long after were gone.

David Bollig
    Participant

Vexilars have excellent battery life,low current draw compared to any of the lcd based units (I have taken current readings on other graphs). When on a Genz box can take a physical beating. Main thing is they will last forever with maybe a brush replace at most. In addition I enjoy the whirring sound while fishing. I have a FL-18 and it has never let me down

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.