Verizon Dead Zones

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Anybody noticing new/more Verizon dead zones with the provider?
    There’s a new dead zone right out front of my place drives me nuts and I have 5G.
    Why would a dead zone just appear?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

There’s a new dead zone right out front of my place drives me nuts and I have 5G.
    Why would a dead zone just appear?

farmington or up in outing?????

i have no issues here in Cold Spring but up at the cabin its alot of no service. its one of those things i need to have the phone situated just right…..maybe even stick my toungue to the window thing!!!!! rotflol not really…but. i do get better reception after the leaves are gone though!!!

and i have verizon also. my kid has AT&T and he gets reception about anywhere up there!!!!

Ripjiggen

I drop calls all the time.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Enjoy it.

I often wish it’d be harder for people to get ahold of me.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Farmington, that’s why I’m astonished.
    Wouldn’t – no couldn’t care if it was at the cabin and actually the service is better at the cabin, I can see the tower from my dock. Even internet is better, it’s fiber optics up there.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

When we first bought our cabin in NW sconny I had to stand on a stump in the side yard to make a call with att. Now 15 years later I can join video conferencing with my Verizon hotspot.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

5g is your problem, it is a known issue. The grid has bad spots for 3 and 4g yet let’s release 5g rather than make a better coverage map in 4G.
    Switch your phone 4g LTE and you will be way better off. Lots of YouTube videos showing you how to do that if you need.

3Rivers

Yep, there’s a fairly big one right in Plymouth around 169/49th. Basically zero service.
    Also always lose calls on 212 on the border of EP and Chan.

Hoyt4
    NULL

No issues with Verizon. Only place it will not work for me is Nebraska in the valleys and i’m just fine if it doesn’t work there.

Any place around town my buddy has sprint and will not work in his house but his wifes verizon works.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have a Verizon work phone and t mobile personal phone. The Verizon one sucks. I hardly get service down town, t mobile gets service pretty much every where. I can’t remember the last call dropped on my personal phone. But I always drop calls on my work phone

JEREMY
    BP

My parents have T-Mobile and it sucks. My verizon works great when its not in 5G.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

My parents have T-Mobile and it sucks. My verizon works great when its not in 5G.

The only place my t mobile isn’t good is in real rural areas where you’d expect it to be bad.
    On the work phone I’m going to check the 5g thing

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Some area in the metro is dead zones for Verizon. Probably too much competition and they just won’t put a sub transceiver or whatever to take care of that. Cuz phone calls comes through but no mobile data works.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

My house is a dead zone for Verizon and T-Mobile. I have T-mobile and called to complained that on their map it shows I have 5G and I can barely get service if I get it at all. They fixed it by changing the color of the map saying my house has no coverage. doah I am one of the white spots. I seem to always have the best service at 3AM when there is the least amount of people using it. That must be when they make their coverage map.

Attachments:
    1. No-serivce-.jpg

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I also have notice that Apple phones have way better antennas / service than Samsung phones. There will be many times camping where I have no service and my wife has 2-3 bars. This is not always a bad thing.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I also have notice that Apple phones have way better antennas / service than Samsung phones. There will be many times camping where I have no service and my wife has 2-3 bars.

I almost always have better reception than my friends, I have AT&T and they have a combination of T mobile and Verizon. I do have one friend that switched to Xfinity and he seems to like it, claims he is getting unlimited data for $50 a month.

CaptainMusky

Each carrier is pretty good these days. I recently got a new phone that is 5G and I havent noticed any dead areas with it so far. I have been with Verizon for decades and they have generally been the one with the best coverage. There is an area on the Iron Range where AT&T is absolutely better than Verizon though. I had no signal and my buddies were getting texts and calls. This was by Crane Lake.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I do have one friend that switched to Xfinity and he seems to like it,

We’ve been with Xfinity Mobile for a number of years. I’ve been happy, but they use Verizon towers, unless things have changed recently.

Charles

Wouldn’t – no couldn’t care if it was at the cabin and actually the service is better at the cabin, I can see the tower from my dock. Even internet is better, it’s fiber optics up there.

No crap, how is it during the busy season for you when your up here? I can tell when crowds come up here, my service will drop like crazy.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

No crap, how is it during the busy season for you when your up here? I can tell when crowds come up here, my service will drop like crazy.

This is actually at my place and Farmington. Outing is pretty good however, like you say when there’s a lot of people up there like on the Fourth of July Service gets a little bit slow.

AnotherFisherman

Yep, like others have said, switch your phone to 4G LTE and you’ll be fine! Of course it’s annoying and a hassle to switch between the two, but it does solve the issue.

Hoyt4
    NULL

AT&T will not work in some of my WI areas or in couple metro places. My dad has the service.

Still Verizon works better then most no dropped calls for me. Verizon uses Xfinity towers so that is what i’m looking to changing our plan over to. $30 for unlimited data we own our phones so it will stay at that amount unless you have to buy new phones.Will also drop the price of our cable bill by getting the phone service and internet.

Alex Fox

I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. I swore by Verizon for years but it started getting really bad about 2 years ago for me. It used to be the only provider that you could get service with way up north hence I kept it. Now last summer, my friend and I had the same phone but he was on T-Mobile, and I was on Verizon…he’s getting 5G at our cabin, and I’m not even getting 4. Swtiched shortly after that and so far I’m happy. Was watching UFC fights on my phone while at the cabin after fishing all day just a couple weeks ago.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Are you talking voice call dead zones or data dead zones? Would this 5G/4GLTE thing affect voice calls? My wife has a Galaxy S21 5G and literally cannot make a phone call from our house. My Galaxy S10 4G has no issues whatsoever (same provider/plan).

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Are you talking voice call dead zones or data dead zones?

I assume he’s referring to voice call dead zones since he should be using his wifi at the house for anything data-related.

CaptainMusky

Whats weird for me is I get 5G at my house if I am outside, but come inside it switches to LTE. I have not had any issues with any dead zones so far.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

Are you talking voice call dead zones or data dead zones? Would this 5G/4GLTE thing affect voice calls? My wife has a Galaxy S21 5G and literally cannot make a phone call from our house. My Galaxy S10 4G has no issues whatsoever (same provider/plan).

Call dead zones, I think. I lose navigation also. I ain’t good at this IT stuff

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Do you or her have Wi-Fi calling on?

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Do you or her have Wi-Fi calling on?

We’ve tried both ways. It’ll make calls, but you can only hear about every 4th word she says. Will she go in and complain, though??? rotflol

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.