Used Polaris Rangers

• holmsvc
    Participant
    SE ND

I’m looking for some opinions on used rangers. I’d like to get one for ice fishing and use it for hunting once in a while. I may put tracks on it after a year or two. Is a used 700 or 800 have enough power for tracks? How do these machines hold up? Are the 2007 or 2008 machines worth buying or would I be better off with something newer with higher miles in the same price range? I’d like to spend $8,000 or less.

Marcus Manser
    Participant
    River Falls WI

700 or 800 is plenty of power. Beware of buYing used equipment without looking throughout the entire unit. You have two types of used equipment. The units people take care of and the units that don’t get maintained.
    any questions let me know MM

holmsvc
    Participant
    SE ND

Thanks

I’d buy new, but I just can’t stomach spending 16k + on a machine I just won’t use that much.

CrzyToad75
    Participant

The full size 800’s had some issues with heat building up under the seat causing melting and warm buns for the occupants. Engine was mounted pretty much under the seat. No first hand knowledge but read about it on researching my purchase on Ranger type forums.
    I love my 2014 900XP Crew. Kids and wife enjoy rides and ice fishing. No issues after 800 miles. BIL picked up a used 2009 700 Browning edition this past fall with no issues so far. Neither of us have tracks, I run rear chains for ice fishing. Would think both would easily have power for tracks.

holmsvc
    Participant
    SE ND

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.