US Resort Vacancies 2021

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Participant
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

My original intent was to comment on the Canada Border closed thread but sadly, actually pathetically that swirled around the toilet bowl until it got flushed (locked).

But I’m not here to talk about that. I wanted to reply to a couple comments.

Bigpike wrote…

I’m all for supporting resort business in our back yard. They seem to be doing very well in my area and that is good.”

B-man wrote…

US resorts have been booked months out.

Well I’m here to warn that many are booked most of next summer already.

At least decent places that don’t cost $2,000-$3,000 for a weekly rental.

I was planning our annual family fishing trip for next summer and glad I started looking when I did. It took several days of searching to finally find an opening at a desirable location.

Just a heads up with Canada potentially closed next year I think many are thinking to just reserve here in the US while they can.

Anyone else having the same thoughts might want to start looking now, while they still have limited openings.

Hot Runr Guy
    Participant
    West Chicago, IL

I hear ya’. I just made a reservation up at Vermillion for next Sept, lot’s of cabins already booked.

HRG

jwellsy
    Participant

Many places stay booked up out to a year ahead.

SuperDave1959
    Participant
    Harrisville, UT

Situation is made worse by all the people that are rolling over this year’s reservations to next year because of the virus. The reservations that we had for a couple of trips this year with deposits just went towards those dates for next year when we weren’t able to go in the Spring/Summer.

steveo
    Participant
    W Central Sconnie

i’m glad i read your post. I just booked at my favorite place on the big pond. they didn’t have the dates i wanted but was able to work something out. really glad i called.

Joe Scegura
    Participant
    Alexandria MN

I hope this isn’t taken as bragging. This is a simple FYI, but my schedule for next spring is about half full and my fall smallmouth trips are already fully booked. Most summers including this one I turn down 30-40 trips. Many new comers call last minute and think guides are sitting around waiting for work…

So if your trip for next year involves a guide make sure you contact them to get on their schedule sooner than later. There may be plenty of guides if you’re going up to Lake of the Woods, Vermillion, Winni, MilleLacs, Brainerd, Alexandria… really anywhere, but the more veteran guides fill up pretty fast.

Its supply and demand and quality places and services are becoming less and less.

carver
    Participant
    West Metro

This is spot on. I can not believe this year with how many people coming from IL, WI, etc that ask for a quite last min and get pissed when their is none available. Or try and be accommodating and then say a day before they don’t need one. I could Go on and on.

Some resort owners like the business but I becomes a drag when people that usually go to Canada end up in northern MN and expect it to be like Canada.

I hope this isn’t taken as bragging. This is a simple FYI, but my schedule for next spring is about half full and my fall smallmouth trips are already fully booked. Most summers including this one I turn down 30-40 trips. Many new comers call last minute and think guides are sitting around waiting for work…

So if your trip for next year involves a guide make sure you contact them to get on their schedule sooner than later. There may be plenty of guides if you’re going up to Lake of the Woods, Vermillion, Winni, MilleLacs, Brainerd, Alexandria… really anywhere, but the more veteran guides fill up pretty fast.

Its supply and demand and quality places and services are becoming less and less.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.