URL report wanted? Not much posted on URL

• Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

What are the ice conditions and rental houses successes? Thinking of making a weekday trip in the next week or two?

dbright
    Cambridge

We were out last weekend and found 18.5″ where we were at. The bite was not what we are use to up there but we still landed 30-40 for the weekend between 3 of us. The co that check us said we were doing better than most people he talked to.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

My brother in law is heading up there today. The report he has is similar to dbrights – not the bite that is normally expected this time of year and he said he was expecting awful weather this weekend too. A mix of rain, snow, and sleet coming in.

Ice Cap

Bite has slowed down from what it was 3 weeks or so ago. Seems you need to be portable and do some chasing. I’m watching the weather and plan to head up in the next couple days. Wheel house is already up there so I’m bringing the wheeler with the portable. Plop the wheel house down and if no fish take the portable out and try to chase them down. If it warrants move the wheel house. Otherwise go back to wheel house for night bite and watching movies. grin

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Thanks for the reports. Now I need to find a sleeper rental. What’s the snow depth? Could I drive my F150 on the ice with my portable?

Ice Cap

Thanks for the reports. Now I need to find a sleeper rental. What’s the snow depth? Could I drive my F150 on the ice with my portable?

You will have no problem driving around on the lake. They had maybe 4′ of snow cover. I think they may be getting a couple more inches the next couple days but should still be good going.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

my wife said red lake fish house rentals is not allowing people out in there houses this weekend due to the slush they encountered. anyone going anywhere up there should call ahead.

Ice Cap

Most resorts FB postings are saying to call ahead. Slush causing problems and there will be limited space and access. Bring blocks for your wheelhouse and your high water pants!

Good timing for me I’m leaving for Devils Lake in the morning and coming back next week. Hopefully things improve up there by then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.