First Grouse Down

• francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Does anybody know what hours the event is scheduled to run on Friday?

FDR

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Shot about 8:30 a.m. Started at 8:10 and walked about two hours. Got up four total and the only shots were at the second bird.

Mark

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good job. There was an owl eating one last night in the driveway when I ran into town for ice. Had one get up under my feet walking out last night. Scared me pretty good.

ap2049

Gotta love the good ‘ol Thunder Chickens. Hows the leave cover? I have a feeling things will be dropping early this fall.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The colors are changing up north and lots of leaves dropping. Acorns dropping like mad. It’s happening, the best time of the year.

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Nice job Mark! Got my first of the year too…was checking a stand and took the shotgun for a little walk. It paid off!
    Looking forward to more as the fall progresses…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Nothing for me. Put a lot of time in but birds were scarce. The ones we did flush offered no shots though I did touch off a few rounds to show them who’s boss!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Leaf cover is pretty full… wouldn’t do a lot of off the trail walking right now, but needed to get some arrows and my supplier is at the end of the trail!!! Also wanted to do some scouting for the duck opener this weekend as this area is close enough to take some good peeks at a river off one of the lake chains that will get harrassed starting this weekend.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m leaving for northern Mn tomorrow morning for my big Grouse hunt. I am excited. Looks like weather is on our side again this year.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Good luck Mike hope you drop the on a bunch of birds and dont forget a few to celebrate

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

I’m leaving for northern Mn tomorrow morning for my big Grouse hunt. I am excited. Looks like weather is on our side again this year.

Go get ’em!!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.