Who is headed to SD?

• scottsteil
    Participant
    Central MN

Who is heading to SD for the opener and what part?

Just west of Chamberlain for me again this year. Sounds like lots of birds and when the boys from SD say there are a lot of birds, there must really be a lot of birds.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’ve also heard lots of birds, but lots of crop still in the ground due to several factors. However, getting a limit out there opening day shouldn’t be that hard. Good luck!! I’m not hunting until the Xmas timeframe.

SLACK
    Participant
    HASTINGS, MN

i’m heading to ipswich (just west of aberdeen) this will be the 11th year i have gone there but the first time for opening day (always gone the second weekend in the past) bought my liscense on line (slick deal) the dog goes to the vet tomorrow, this will be my son’s first trip out there and he is pumped to say the least (he usualy is playing sports this time of year but not this year) leaving home at 4 AM sat. hit the truck stop in ortenville for breakfast and arrive in ipswich about 11 or so and staying till tuesday.

chappy
    Participant
    Hastings, MN

I’m heading for No. Dakota Friday to hunt near Linden. Free trip other than Lic. and gas. Wife’s boss has been invited and extended the invite to my son and I. I’ll control the dog and let Lynn and my son Dan do the shooting. I’ll shoot back up. I’m sure there will be plenty of Oppurtunities.

neverhome
    Participant
    Anoka county

ND for me also. Heading way out near scranton. Cant wait, sounds like a ton of birds out that way.

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I’ll be in Hoven, SD for my 3rd year in a row at the Frost Farms! I can not wait! Just hope it is not 80 degrees again like last wekeend! Good Luck everyone!

budaman
    Participant
    North Metro, MN

NeverHome,

I just got back from that area last night(near Hettinger), and there ARE a lot of birds down there. We didn’t see as many as the previous two years though. The weather was terrible (wind/rain/snow) all weekend so I’m sure that was a factor, but we still didn’t have any trouble bringing home our limits. We didn’t see as many hunters out there either….economy/gas prices maybe? But I’m sure it will be a little busier this weekend though, as non-residents will be able to hunt the PLOTS.

corey_waller
    Participant
    hastings mn

headed for ND the 22nd thru the 26th. gonna be a slaughter

robstenger
    Participant
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

You must not be shooting.

chappy
    Participant
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Why??? Is your lovely wife going?

corey_waller
    Participant
    hastings mn

yes she is going!!! and Ripper I think you are the pot calling the kettel black….. I’ve seen your wife outshoot you many many times

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.