Upgrading unit

• Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

I am running a 332 C now and would like to upgrade to a bigger unit. I would like GPS , sonar and DSI. Budget is around $750.
    Would there be any suggestions for a good buy unit ? Either new units available or a used units I should be searching for ?
    Thanks.
    Mike

gregory
    Red wing,mn

I would look at a new HDs live 7, has all options your looking for with 3-1 transducer. Has the c-map genesis live, pretty sweet unit for the money. Little more money though then your budget.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I have a hds 9 gen 3 for sale with the 2d transducer for 700$.

Mike Burke
    Oskaloosa, Iowa

Thanks for the offer. I’m still looking.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Keep that 332 and use as a dedicated GPS. (Assuming you have chips for it).
    There is a guy here that just posted a HDS 5 for sale at $150. Use it as your graph.

Just an idea.
    Edit… sorry missed your desire for DSI…

CaptainMusky

The new Elite Ti units are very nice and you can get a larger screen for a lower price vs going with an HDS live. You do miss out on the nicer buttons to be able to use along with the touch screen that the HDS units have which is convenient.
    Either of these models will have traditional sonar and down and side imaging from a single transducer.
    There are lots of older units for sale on craigslist. If you are looking at a used unit it make sure it is at least new enough to have a touch screen. Reason? Because these will all have the down/sidescan module built into the head of the unit unlike the older HDS Gen1 or Gen2 units which required a separate box. Much more convenient.

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

If the OP is still looking, I’d suggest the Elite FS. Best bang for the buck on the market IMHO.

With the Active Imaging 3in1 transducer you get excellent 2D, DI, and SI.

Touch screen, excellent built in maps, social maps, live mapping, the ability to network multiple units via Ethernet, and maybe biggest of all, fully compatible with Active Target live sonar down the road.

Waxy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.