Upgrading My Cornhole Bags?

• dirk-w.
    Minnesota

OK, so who’s upgraded their bags to the two-sided bags? I am a total recreational player – should I upgrade? Got any suggestions As far as how slick each side should be? Any specific bag recommendations? Don’t really want to break the bank on something I’m really not that great at, But what the heck, sounds like fun.

Gerty

dirk-w – I play bags somewhat often. I made myself a set of “professional” boards. Copied specs from a website that sells the “real” ones. At that point I thought I might as well get the two sided bags. I like them. There is a difference, but obviously only matters if you are a person who throws with the spin. If you don’t play a lot I am not sure it is worth it. The ones I bought were around $45 for the set. Just googled them and found the ones/colors I wanted. Sorry, but I can’t remember the name of the website.

Attachments:
    1. board1.jpg

2. board2.jpg

MX1825

I guess I’ll never own a set of “real professional boards” if they all come with those ugly graphics. whistling

Deuces

Gave the ol man some saxony parquet white oak r/q to make some fancy boards out of, can’t wait to see em, light stain to get the grain pop, hole bordered w maple, have some birds eye but not sure if I want to waste it on bags.

Played the 2 sided few weekends ago, like em. If I ever get boards I’ll have them

JEREMY
    BP

Call me an idiot but what is two sided? Grippy on one side?

CaptainMusky

Call me an idiot but what is two sided? Grippy on one side?

Yep, one side slides while the other has grip.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

Yep. They come in different numbers, with 1 being the stickiest and 10 the slickest. I can throw a flat bag so I’m hoping it will help. What the numbers equate to in practical terms is mostly what I’m wondering.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yep. They come in different numbers, with 1 being the stickiest and 10 the slickest. I can throw a flat bag so I’m hoping it will help. What the numbers equate to in practical terms is mostly what I’m wondering.

So the “pro’s” on ESPN are going to have different bags like golf clubs? Better throw the 7 here… It certainly should help tho. And as a 4 Time We Fest Oatfield Bags Champ and 2 time Lenny’s Pan O Prog Champ I would know! rotflol rotflol

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

Whether it is worth upgrading or not is gonna be based off of how you throw the bag. If you are the type of player that throws the bag and it goes end over end in the air then I would say it’s not worth upgrading.

If you throw what they call pizza style or like Frisbee style then I would say yes upgrading is worth it.
    Since your not wanting to break the bank on bags Reynolds is a good brand to start with, I would suggest the Pro Advantage bags they are a 5 on the slow side and an 8 on the fast side. They are a fuller bag and are not quite as hole friendly as some of the more expensive bags.

Competitive cornhole is just like fishing, different bags for certain conditins,, some prices of bags are crazy on the secondary market.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

I don’t want to hi-jack a thread, but is there any sporting goods store that has a better selection of bags and boards? Best I’ve found is Scheels.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

I don’t want to hi-jack a thread, but is there any sporting goods store that has a better selection of bags and boards? Best I’ve found is Scheels.

Not that I’ve seen. That’s why buying bags kinda sucks. Cornhole Addicts has a lot of bags and info, but ya, your buying blind.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

dam! i used to be a ringer at cornhole back in the day but hung it up long ago and i never heard of such a thing as 2 sided bags. makes sense in certain scenarios for sure. we had to lay low in a lot of tournaments so we wouldn’t get outed and those were some good days! i always preferred bags filled with sand at about 75% full over actual corn but every place had different bags and it was a challenge getting used to new bags. most small town bars would leave their bags out in the elements and in dew soaked grass so the corn filled ones were almost bursting…..good times none the less!

Justin Laack
    Austin,mn

No store, there are many local clubs throughout the state that hold weekly tournaments during the week and weekends you could go sign up and try different bags to see what fits your style the best.

It is a fun and addictive game, I carry 6 different sets of bags with me to tournaments, my usual partner brings about the same. Board speed, air temp, humidity, wind, playing inside or outside all play factors into bag selection.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.