Upgrading electronics

• boos1906

Hey guys I upgraded electronics this fall. I put a hds 7 on the console and a elite 7 on bow. I thought we would be upgrading boats fairly quickly so I settled. With my dad losing his job and prices of used boats we won’t be upgrading for awhile. I don’t see myself being happy long term with this purchase.

I want to put a 12 on the console and move the 7 to the Bow. I will remove the elite 7 on bow and sell it. I’m going with a used unit. I won’t need a total scan transducer for the 12 if I already have one for the 7 right? What do I need to network the 12 and the 7? Can a gen 3 touch and gen 2 touch be networked or do they have to be same grneration? I want them to be plug n play. Thanks guys

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Yes both units can use the same transducer and they can be linked together via an ethernet cord. Gen 2 & 3 are compatible with each other.

boos1906

Hey guys I ended up buying a hds gen 3 9 for the bow? A guy made me a offer I couldn’t resist. I was still going to put a 12 on the console.

My question now is the 9 big enough for the bow? Or should I be looking at a 12 for the bow also? I want to be able to split screens on the bow. It would just be split two ways between mapping and 2d sonar.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have generally found a 9 inch screen to be acceptable for split screen use. Anything smaller, not really. 7 inch screens are fine for a single use on the screen. May be dependent on how good your vision still is too.

boos1906

I have generally found a 9 inch screen to be acceptable for split screen use. Anything smaller, not really. 7 inch screens are fine for a single use on the screen. May be dependent on how good your vision still is too.

I just turned 37 and I’m blind as a bat without out my glasses. I’m sure it won’t get any better.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.