Ultimate Tip Up

• Kevin Konitzer

We are looking for everyone’s honest opinion on these tip ups! Would you buy one, or not? What you like, don’t like. What you feel should be changed. This is a new product this year that has just hit the market and we are looking for everyone’s thoughts on these tip ups.
    -Worlds most sensitive Tip Up!
    -Heated
    -Auto Jigging
    -Long range radio alert

http://www.facebook.com/ultimatetipup
    http://www.ultimatetipup.com

ultimate tip up

Attachments:
    1. 5D0E0DA6-F7BD-4E75-8059-18569509F9B1.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

This picture off your page makes a guy want to buy one out of sympathy after last week bawling hah
    haha

David Blais

I’m sure everyone thinks the same way they did last month…

David Blais

Have you considered all the interference on big lakes? Red lake can have 1000+ people on it a weekend. How many channels are on the radios? If multiple people are on the same channel, with a 5 mile range. It could be very irritating going to check your tip up, and nothing. Maybe add a light that turns on when you get a strike?

Kevin Konitzer

The radios have 22 channels, so the chances of your tipups being on the same channel as more ultimate Tip Ups nearby isn’t very likely. There is also a visual flag that will help identify a tripped tip up. We thought about adding lights, but wanted to keep the price point down as much as possible. We focused on each component of these tip ups to be a tool to help catch more fish then a conventional tip Up. Lights don’t help this goal and would only add cost. There are also many different Tip Up lights already on the market.

We are working on our own communication device so that we are not relying on the two way radios. This will be coming in future models, until then, I can’t imagine we’ll sell enough to run into interference problems.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

I personally would not buy one. The biggest reason comes down to cost. I get that it does a lot more than the traditional tip up, but I can’t justify that cost (especially to my wife). If I were to spend that kind of money I would rather buy a nice custom rod and do the jigging myself.

That said, I’m sure there is a market out there for the product.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

I am not on face book so I don’t know what you have there. But I didn’t see any video of this thing in action on your site. I don’t know how your auto jigging works or why this would be the most sensitive tip up. Looking at the one picture of the inside doesn’t make me want to spend that kind of money you are asking for. Get some video of a fish setting it off and some pictures of it setup. You also have pictures of a bunch of walleye that you caught on open water. How were you using a tip up box there? Makes me wonder if any of the fish you show where caught on this tip-up.
    X2 on removing the green bay icehouse. But I could care less because I am a hockey fan.

Kevin Konitzer

Tuna, there is one video on our site that details set up and function of the tip Up. It’s not the greatest quality and I apologize for that. As soon as we get ice we will take as much video as possible. The open water walleye pictured on our site are obviously caught in the summer since the lake is pictured in the background… not like we are trying to hide anything there. The point is to show we are avid fisherman and can catch a nice limit of walleye. All winter pictures were caught with similar prototype models of the tipup we are Manufacturing now.
    As for the Green Bay ice house, we have nothing against people from Minnesota other then they beat our packers and took out Aaron Rodgers. In fact, Minnesota folks are probably the most avid ice fisherman in the country and for that reason, they’re all right with me.

Caleb Ihrig
    Oshkosh, WI

Honest opinion… you’ve got some unique features, but it looks like you completely ripped off Bite Me Box for the design… right down to the handles & hinges. As an engineer, this turns me off to a product. Just my .02

Reed

I agree, $150 is tough to swallow for a tip up. I just rig mine up with wireless doorbells; only costs about $15.

Kevin Konitzer

Caleb, our tip Up is a totally unique design that does not infringe on bite me’s patent what so ever. We have filed and are in the process of receiving our own patent for each of the 3 unique components in this tipup. The shape of the box is not unique or proprietary and wasn’t for the bite me box either. They were not the first ones to use this design. Anyways, the shape is very practical and works well for a box tip up, therefor we used this shape to achieve our goal of creating the best possible product that will help you catch more fish then a conventional tip Up.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Sorry the videos didn’t come through on my phone or I was too impatient to wait for them to load.
    Can you set your auto jig to jig a couple of times and then wait for a few seconds than jig again?

Kevin Konitzer

The auto jig was designed to keep live bait swimming around under a Tip Up rather then just sitting still. It will continuously tug at a minnow to keep it active. It can also be slowed down to a very slow speed for finicky panfish. We’ve used a small hook with wax worms under these tipups and the jigging moving very slow for bluegills. To answer the question, the jigging is either on or off and the speed can be controlled, but it does not have a delay.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Everything on your site directs me to Facebook… Something I do not have access to. That’s a big turn off for me! F Facebook.

So can’t comment.

But, I do not use tip ups anymore. They just seem entirely inefficient.

Kevin Konitzer

Are you sure you went to http://www.ultimatetipup.com
    Nothing should redirect you to Facebook from there. Maybe let me know specifically what is redirecting you to Facebook and I can correct it. Thanks.

Kevin Konitzer

Also, I believe people only think Tip Up fishing is inefficient because their tipups are not sensitive enough and they have to make sure holes don’t freeze over etc. We had one guy testing our product last year that said his one ultimate tip up caught 5 fish to every 1 on the other 5 beaver dams that were set up the same way.

Kevin Konitzer

Fishblood, I will work on correcting that issue. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.