Ukraine

• biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Speaking of propaganda remember the Ghost of Kiev, Spider Island and a few other stories out of Ukraine early on? The same people who passed those off as true are who you are still getting info from, not sure how anyone can sort out what’s really going on.

The first casualty of war is always the truth.

Don Meier
    Participant
    Butternut Wisconsin

The Ukraine conflict started in 2014 in the Donbas region. Over ten thousand native Russians have been murdered in the area by Ukrainians. Russia finally had enough. I don’t believe war has been officially declared.
    The west has used this as a tool to try and take down Russia and politicians fill their pockets with aid.
    Oil has always been traded in U.S. dollars. After the U.S. put sanctions on Russian oil it has been traded in other currencies for the first time ever. The sanctions have crushed many European countries as they are reliant on Russian gas and oil.
    If the intent of the U.S. is to get into world war 3 they are doing a great job. Don’t poke the bear. The bear has been the only adult in the room thankfully.
    He is doing what a true leader does and that is look after the people in his own country. Hmmm are you drunk ?

CaptainMusky
    Participant

The Texas grid is privatized – and controlled by republicans.
    <quote>
    I dont give a flying F who “controls it” my statement is 100% true. Looney Libs control California and that is far worse than Texas. Texas just got caught with their pants down and didnt make appropriate changes after an earlier issue. They dont have the rolling blackouts like California is famous for.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Since 2000, Texas has had the most major power outages of any state. California is 3rd.

Reef W
    Participant

Since 2000, Texas has had the most major power outages of an state. California is 3rd.

Well, allow me to retort yay

Attachments:
    1. Fingers_Ears_Image___Photo__Free_Trial____Bigstock.png

OG Net_Man
    Participant

Don’t pick on California, there is a good chance Gavin Newsome will be our next president………

buckybadger
    Participant
    Upper Midwest

Since 2000, Texas has had the most major power outages of any state. California is 3rd.

Both states are notoriously bad. They are both supported and backed by politicians on both sides of the aisle…hence the issues. If a politician knows about it, invests in it, or touches it……it’s a matter of time until it turns to sh**

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

BK when Dutchboy starts posting politics.

Bird Delete This GIF by Skab - Find & Share on GIPHY
    CaptainMusky
    Participant

Perhaps, but Texas never has rolling blackouts which happen all the dang time in California. They push for all this green energy and electric car mandate and their infrastructure cannot support what it has now.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Don’t pick on California, there is a good chance Gavin Newsome will be our next president………

Lord help us if that happens.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

If you can’t handle the heat stay out of the kitchen. You were one of the first to post into the thread and now you don’t like it. jester

CaptainMusky
    Participant

If you can’t handle the heat stay out of the kitchen. You were one of the first to post into the thread and now you don’t like it. jester

Isnt it funny to see how that always works.

munchy
    Participant
    NULL

And many of the large wildfires Kalifornia has had in the last 10 years are caused by the electrical grid because their inspections and maintenance is subpar. The powerlines and structures break falling into trees and brush.

Beast
    Participant

You been hanging out with hunter?

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Perhaps, but Texas never has rolling blackouts which happen all the dang time in California. They push for all this green energy and electric car mandate and their infrastructure cannot support what it has now.

Rolling blackouts are included.

CaptainMusky
    Participant

Rolling blackouts are included.

Funny I just read that California accounts for 24% of the nations power outages thusfar this year BUT they use 80% less power than Louisiana. That is a pretty telling stat.

Reef W
    Participant

But… they don’t. For two days in August 2020 they forced blackouts. The last time they did it before that was in August 2000. Right now they are using slightly over half their capacity, check it out: https://www.caiso.com/TodaysOutlook/Pages/index.html It becomes an issue during peak time (evening) during the hottest days of the year and, even then, there is plenty of capacity off-peak to charge EVs. A lot of cars and chargers let you schedule when you want the charge to start.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Biggill wrote:</div>

And many of the large wildfires Kalifornia has had in the last 10 years are caused by the electrical grid because their inspections and maintenance is subpar. The powerlines and structures break falling into trees and brush.

They passed some law where they no longer keep fire lanes open for whatever reasons. The fires get out of control because they can’t get to them early to fight the fire.

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

It wouldn’t kill you to ignore mine if you don’t like them either.

OG Net_Man
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Terry K wrote:</div>

Lord help us if that happens.

Reparations coming to a town near you….. He!!, if he offered me $250,000 it would be hard not to vote for him.

Umy
    Participant
    South Metro

No matter how you slice it – California is on the front end of some of the MOST noxious far left “progressive” policies and thinking.
    NOTHING that comes from that states leadership will do us any good.
    Bring Bond back and let Christopher Walker blast along the fault line and let them become their own sovereign nation. And NO, they can’t have our water. Yes, they grow lots of food but we’ll manage just fine. Brandon’s got our backs!

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Back to the topic at hand. The Pentagon is preparing to send Patriot missile systems to Ukraine.

ganderpike
    Participant
    Alexandria

Why not? Free R&D on all these weapon systems waiting in line for the next big conflict. I can imagine what you learn fighting (semi) developed nations is more valuable than figuring out how not to get blown up by poppy farmers.

I think you guys have another couple pages in ya to figure out the solution, ya got this!

Mike
    Participant

No matter how you slice it – California is on the front end of some of the MOST noxious far left “progressive” policies and thinking.
    NOTHING that comes from that states leadership will do us any good.
    Bring Bond back and let Christopher Walker blast along the fault line and let them become their own sovereign nation. And NO, they can’t have our water. Yes, they grow lots of food but we’ll manage just fine. Brandon’s got our backs!

Ah yes, the failing state California. The one with the 3.6 trillion dollar GDP, fourth largest in the world (ahead of Germany). Whose tax dollars go to the many red welfare states who need federal assistance.

Reef W
    Participant

we are trading WNBA players for mass murderers

Is Viktor Bout a murderer?

gimruis
    Participant
    Plymouth, MN

Technically, no. But was convicted with the intent to. I’m sure most of the weapons he has sold were used or intended to be used in terroristic operations. Anyone who thinks trading Griner for Bout is a fair trade is delusional. Multiple international and US enforcement agencies put a crap load of time and effort into apprehending him. I bet they feel like this is a slap in the face.

In 2011 Bout was convicted by a jury at a federal court in Manhattan, of conspiracy to kill U.S. citizens and officials, delivery of anti-aircraft missiles, and providing aid to a terrorist organization; he was sentenced to the minimum 25 years’ imprisonment because the crime was due to the sting operation. From 2012 until 2022, Bout was held at the United States Penitentiary, Marion, before being released in a prisoner exchange for American basketball player Brittney Griner. Bout had served over 14 years in prison before his release in December 2022.

big_g
    Participant
    Isle, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>
    we are trading WNBA players for mass murderers

Accessory to it.

Umy
    Participant
    South Metro

Yup, with their beautiful weather, gorgeous scenery and fabulous movie stars it is a wonderful place – kinda like OZ.
    I get my info from a couple of my staff who recently moved here from there. They talk about it all the time.
    Paying for crack and needle houses, homeless everywhere, theft, can’t afford to buy a decent place to live even with two earners, illegals who get everything for free, school districts with curriculum ideas that are beyond sane for children, police who have their hands tied, criminals getting caught but sent right back out that day or the next ( after a hot meal and bed) …… ( just a few of their laments)
    They loved it and were born there but just couldn’t take it anymore. It’s Potemkins village and what we see and hear about how great it is is not what is happening (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potemkin_village)
    I trust the opinions of my friends and colleagues more than I trust any news source. They lived it.
    Enjoy it if you like – I want no part of their lunacy.

Red welfare states – not getting baited here.

No resolutions to be reached here. The aisle divides us and clearly that will not change. Our life experiences are what they are.
    We share a love of the outdoors and fishing and can count our blessings we can still do that.
    NONE of our states Red or Blue ( with the possible exception of one or two) win elections in a landslide. It’s pretty much within a point or two. Half the people like and the other half don’t. A clearer signal that we need additional, different, better choices from which to choose –
    in my humble opinion. grin

biggill
    Participant
    East Bethel, MN

Even if he was, what does the severity of the crimes have to do with the value of a prisoner?

Reef W
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Reef Whooligan wrote:</div>

Even if he was, what does the severity of the crimes have to do with the value of a prisoner?

I don’t know. I just knew he was an arms dealer, didn’t know whether he was a murderer or not.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 213 total)

The topic ‘Ukraine’ is closed to new replies.