Twins / deGrom

• Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

deGrom signed a 5 year $185 million dollar deal ($37 million per) with Texas. I’m guessing the Twins were in it until the bitter end.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

I didn’t even know he was a free agent! I would take him over re signing Correa. surprising its only 37 million? he must have had an off year?

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Lol, yes $37 million is nothing.
    He was hurt.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

seen that now…..was hurt and still almost had a sub 3 ERA. we all know the Twins don’t sign aces so i doubt there was any dialect. just like all MN sports teams, they will let the fans down at some point. nothing new here we know how it works

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Who was the #2 paid position player (salary per year) last year and who did he play for?

lindyrig79
    Participant
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

What else is new coffee

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

He’s always hurt. Have fun losing in Texas just like every season.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

he’d fit right in with all the cripples on the team

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>

he’d fit right in with all the cripples on the team

True statement.

slough
    Participant

Pretty crazy to give a guy who turns 35 early in the season with his injury history a deal like that, but it appears the Rangers have more money than they know what to do with.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

but it appears the Rangers have more money than they know what to do with.

There has never been a truer statement about the Rangers. They ALWAYS spend a ton of money in the offseason, and ALWAYS are terrible that next season.

blank
    Participant

And now Verlander is gone. Another narrow miss by the Twins.

eyeguy507
    Participant
    SE MN

And now Verlander is gone. Another narrow miss by the Twins.

They were in on him until the last hour! DeGrom seems like a bargain compared to what Verlander got

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Trea Turner got 11 years $300 million, I’m sure the Twins offer was just short too…

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Twins were out on Verlander once it went beyond $20 per inning pitched.

Turner is different, Twins are still in on Correa remember. Why would they look for a shortstop?

Clown show is in full swing, can’t wait to see the Twins BIG move.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s being reported the Twins are seriously shopping the only guy they have that gets on base and just won a batting title…..for pitching. But that’s not surprising for an analytics hotbed like the Minnesota Twins. Batting average means nothing. Launch angle, launch angle, launch angle….

In all honestly, I don’t disagree with shopping him for pitching. I’d hate to lose him because he really is the only guy that gets on base. But he also presents a couple problems. He isn’t really good anywhere in the field. He’s injured all the time, and you can’t play anyone else everyday at first or second base and DH because half of the time he will be slotted in one of those spots.

Will be interested to see what happens with that.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

You want to bet they don’t win that trade?

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

You want to bet they don’t win that trade?

Nope coffee Never said they would.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Haha come on let’s bet? toast

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Apparently Baldelli and Correa had dinner together over the weekend. I’m assuming this is not a good thing for the Twins as it was reported that Correa fell asleep during the appetizers due to Baldelli’s horrible personality…….

Ripjiggen
    Participant

I heard he had them pull the food early to get to the multiple options of dessert.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

I think we can put the idea of Correa being a Twin to bed now. Twins have Farmer plus a net gain of around $3 million in dumping Urshela for a batting practice pitcher.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think we can put the idea of Correa being a Twin to bed now. Twins have Farmer plus a net gain of around $3 million in dumping Urshela for a batting practice pitcher.

Everyone is reporting the Twins are at the top of the list on places for him to land at the moment. Farmer has nothing to do with it. He is not going to be the every day SS.

I’m not saying I’m confident he’ll resign, but it’s the most likely chance we’ve ever had to sign a big name FA of his caliber to a major deal.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

So if you are the Twins are you giving him A) A long term contract that starts with a 3 or B) Another opt out and go through this again.

If you are Correa are you A) Going to sign with the Twins for $300+ million knowing they will NEVER drag in front line pitching or B) Sign another 1 year deal with a opt out or C) Go to a bigger market like Chicago where they have boat loads of cash.

Remember the Twins shot their wad on China Doll and struck out on the fat kid.

I’ll stick to my prediction that he is gone. It would be nice to be wrong but I can’t get there using logic.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

So if you are the Twins are you giving him A) A long term contract that starts with a 3 or B) Another opt out and go through this again.

If you are Correa are you A) Going to sign with the Twins for $300+ million knowing they will NEVER drag in front line pitching or B) Sign another 1 year deal with a opt out or C) Go to a bigger market like Chicago where they have boat loads of cash.

Remember the Twins shot their wad on China Doll and struck out on the fat kid.

I’ll stick to my prediction that he is gone. It would be nice to be wrong but I can’t get there using logic.

Shot their wad on Buxton??? He has a lot of incentives that he hasn’t and probably won’t hit. The only opt out the Twins would over would be after 4 or 5 years legitimately. Correa doesn’t want to have to go through it again and neither do the Twins. Again, I’m not saying there’s a good chance it happens, but there’s a better chance than we have ever had.

BigWerm
    Participant
    SW Metro

Not sure if anyone heard Boras’ interview w MLB network, they replayed it on KFAN tonight. Basically he said he looks at owners wealth, and the Pohlads are top 10 wealthiest in MLB. So if they want to fish in the ocean for once, instead of the lakes they usually dabble in, they will need to open up the wallet. So look for a Twins made a competitive offer but came up just short again headline soon. Surprising absolutely no one. And if they do pay up for Correa, they won’t for pitching so it really doesn’t matter.

Ripjiggen
    Participant

Twins moving up to 5th pick is some interesting luck…maybe they should go full rebuild and sell the next future prospects.

mahtofire14
    Participant
    Mahtomedi, MN

Twins moving up to 5th pick is some interesting luck…maybe they should go full rebuild and sell the next future prospects.

Yeah nothing like going from 13th to 5th in the first year of the lottery. Also heard that Maeda is a full go and expected to return to the rotation to start the year. That would be big if he could get back to even 80% of what he was during his Cy Young caliber Covid year.

Judge resigned with the Yanks this morning. I’d expect Correa to make a decision very soon. It sounded like he was waiting for Judge to go off the board because so many teams were in on him. Sounds like Twins and Giants are frontrunners at the moment. Still two good SS’s out there if he doesn’t sign.

Dutchboy
    Participant
    Central Mn.

Why do you continue to believe they don’t already have their shortstop?

CaptainMusky
    Participant

About time we have good fortune for a change with a draft lottery. The Wolves and Wild have never been so lucky.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.